.Sav size issues.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by AznLoooser, Jun 8, 2009.

Jun 8, 2009

.Sav size issues. by AznLoooser at 8:33 AM (867 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. AznLoooser
    OP

Newcomer AznLoooser Member

United States
    I am extremely frustrated. First of all, DO NOT MENTION the 'Savegames Converter website' as a solution unless it will work, because the only thing I'm getting is a stupid error and a DEBUG:1.

Now, when I plugged in my microsd into my computer, the computer detected something so i let it fix it. When I took it back out and set up my AK2 and started playing Yugioh - Stardust Accelerator, my old game save was gone. I decided to look at the .sav file, and I noticed the save type went from 512KB to 544KB. How do i get it back to 512KB? It's way too annoying to google it up and get subjects irrelevent to the whole topic, such as a bread company's website...

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    what did your computer detect and how did you fix it?

sounds like you currupted your save file. you could try to hex out the extra data if you have a save file to compare it to.

-another world

3. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    I don't really know. It "fixed" the problem automatically and said that the corrupt files were in a newly-made folder named 'found' but there was no folder named that. None of the other games have a problem, as far as I know. Even the back-up was turned to 544kb. Uh, can you translate the last thing you said? Thanks.

4. Another World

Colombia
    if you don't know what a hex editor is my explaining it won't help you. it isn't a tool where you click a button and it does it for you. make sure your operating system is displaying hidden folders and files. i bet the o/s made a hidden folder for the backup of the corrupted file.

-another world

5. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    All files are viewed in my flashkard. Believe me, it's not there. Is there any other solution?

6. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    AKAIO (and maybe the official firmware) also has an option to not display the hidden files.

7. AznLoooser
    OP

United States
    I know, It's selected as 'all'.

8. commdante

Member commdante GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    "were in a newly-made folder named 'found' " (chkdsk/scandisk folder afaik, attrib hidden)

Sounds as your card was corrupted, either by badly programmed homebrew .. or by ejecting the card without letting the OS know (Usually windows, it should have an eject option, when drive-letter is selected on "My Computer"/drives screen).
    Windows loves to cache writes, and if you don't eject removables, it will try to "correct" often messing up your card/"removable drive".

9. Kroganwrex

Newcomer Kroganwrex Member

United Kingdom
    You dont understand, thats file type that you set to "all", now go a few tabs more and find the show hidden files option!

10. Another World

Colombia
    don't look for the hidden file through the nds, look for it when its plugged into your pc. try the "find" option on the card and search for the folder.

-another world