.sav game file read issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jsp62, Feb 18, 2014.

1. jsp62
    OP

jsp62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Boston
    Hello,

I tried to search the interwebz for my issue but couldn't find any concrete solutions. I found that GBAtemp to be the best site with the most current traffic that could possible provide my tips to resolve my problems. One specific problem I cannot seem to resolve are my save game files.:wacko:

Notes:
    - CyclosDS Evolution card using the most latest version 2.3
    - microSD card size 32GB

It has been some time since playing with my DS, but I thought I would dust it off and have some fun with my new found time (no job). I had this problem prior to version 2.3, so I am not sure if is has anything to do with the card or the version. I usually back up all my save game files every so often to the PC and when I want to pick up where I left off I wouldn't have a problem.

It would seem that none of my save game files work. I've read two separate posts mentioning:
    1. There is a difference between .sav files and .SAV files.
    2. Card doesn't recognize titles less than 8 characters.
    3. Renaming save game files in Windows sometimes doesn't rename it "in the game" (meaning the DS)

I take the above with a grain of salt, because there are very old posts 2010ish and I am sure newer versions of card firmwares have overcome these issues.

What I would like to know is if anyone has had a similar issue before regarding save game files. I basically use my DS for RPG games and having a .sav file not work is extremely frustrating with the time spent on an RPG. :hateit: I have to imagine others have had this issue and I hope there is or are solutions to this. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips to help narrow the issue down, I am open to hearing it. At this stage I am completely lost.

Thanks!

2. jsp62
    OP

jsp62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Boston
    nobody? =(

3. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try exiting the game by pressing L+R+A+B+X+Y, and select "Exit to Main Menu".