.sav game file read issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jsp62, Feb 18, 2014.

1. jsp62
    OP

jsp62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Boston
    Hello,

I tried to search the interwebz for my issue but couldn't find any concrete solutions. I found that GBAtemp to be the best site with the most current traffic that could possible provide my tips to resolve my problems. One specific problem I cannot seem to resolve are my save game files.:wacko:

Notes:
    - CyclosDS Evolution card using the most latest version 2.3
    - microSD card size 32GB

It has been some time since playing with my DS, but I thought I would dust it off and have some fun with my new found time (no job). I had this problem prior to version 2.3, so I am not sure if is has anything to do with the card or the version. I usually back up all my save game files every so often to the PC and when I want to pick up where I left off I wouldn't have a problem.

It would seem that none of my save game files work. I've read two separate posts mentioning:
    1. There is a difference between .sav files and .SAV files.
    2. Card doesn't recognize titles less than 8 characters.
    3. Renaming save game files in Windows sometimes doesn't rename it "in the game" (meaning the DS)

I take the above with a grain of salt, because there are very old posts 2010ish and I am sure newer versions of card firmwares have overcome these issues.

What I would like to know is if anyone has had a similar issue before regarding save game files. I basically use my DS for RPG games and having a .sav file not work is extremely frustrating with the time spent on an RPG. :hateit: I have to imagine others have had this issue and I hope there is or are solutions to this. If anyone has any troubleshooting tips to help narrow the issue down, I am open to hearing it. At this stage I am completely lost.

Thanks!

2. jsp62
    OP

jsp62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2011
    United States
    Boston
    nobody? =(

3. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try exiting the game by pressing L+R+A+B+X+Y, and select "Exit to Main Menu".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice