Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country

Just wondering maybe I’m not searching right but is there a program that can lower unnecessary mb to a saturn game. For example I download a game that is 500mb and the program could possibly lower it to 250mb.
You can convert your images to .CHD the resulting games will be way smaller, but this emulator only accepts .bin. cue afaik.

Reactions: fst312

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.
5ZoE6Rg.png

0aSmA02.png

eBr8MDL.png

So did you figure out how to do it?

lingbergh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This gives you back SFX in Virtua Fighter 2 (NTSC-U at least). Not heavily tested.
I would recommend overclocking the CPU to 1581 MHz in handheld mode.

(rename to .ini)

UPDATE: Sound effects are still missing, when you start the game with Pai in arcade mode. Quit/reset the game (-) and the sound effects are working again (for Pai). I really don't know, why this is happening. It seems that the other characters in the selection screen are not affected by this.

UPDATE2: This can also be used for Virtua Fighter Kids + Fighters Megamix

Attachments

• vf2_experimental_config.ini.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by lingbergh,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey! I actually moved ahead on my own and got stuck again, see my previous post (now edited).
I don't think that your problem of savestate comes from overclock, I think it your ini file. Do you only change the widescreen option? Savestate are broken with 4 mb card activation ('CartridgeID="5c"' insted of 'CartridgeID="5a"').

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
This gives you back SFX in Virtua Fighter 2 (NTSC-U at least). Not heavily tested.
I would recommend overclocking the CPU to 1581 MHz in handheld mode.

(rename to .ini)
With this config, games like VIrtua Fighter Kids Doa 2 and Formula karts, now are working, but anytime I try to savestate the game crashes.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Even with
CartridgeID="5a"?
What is Doa 2 ...Dead or Alive?
I used your config, I only changed it so it displays in widescreen, so the cartridge ID should remain the same, yes Dead or Alive sorry I wrote Doa 2

Edir I changed the CartridgeID to 5a, it seems no longer hang with savestates.

Last edited by Esppiral,
Reactions: lingbergh

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Has anyone tested Sonic jam? When i launch game i can get to the point when game is loading after opening movie clip but right after that game crashes.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somene try adding this to their game and see if it fits perfectly?
How do you change borders like this in general? Is it something in the .ini? I can't get the borders to disappear completely, with Widescreen = 1 there's a skinny strip of the border on both sides.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can convert your images to .CHD the resulting games will be way smaller, but this emulator only accepts .bin. cue afaik.
I think it is just .bin games, I have those installed because where I get my games there all the .bins as far as I know. I think the script download came with a program to convert the games to .bin or combine them can’t really recall right now.I wonder though if .chd could somehow work, I didn’t really know .chd was the smaller memory. When it came to saturn games back then I believe I always seen .bin, .iso, .chd, can’t really recall about the .iso part.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is just .bin games, I have those installed because where I get my games there all the .bins as far as I know. I think the script download came with a program to convert the games to .bin or combine them can’t really recall right now.I wonder though if .chd could somehow work, I didn’t really know .chd was the smaller memory. When it came to saturn games back then I believe I always seen .bin, .iso, .chd, can’t really recall about the .iso part.

CHD isn't going to ever be possible through this method.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do saved games and save states remain if you change the CUE over to a different game? I'm gonna test this myself tonight, but wanted some peace of mind going in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)