Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank f%ck I finally did it! SFZ3 is working. I created a new NSP base using Cotton. I'm gonna use this for 4MB games now and leave GF base for everything else. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. Much appreciated.

My final mission, what's the best way to go about getting english patches for some of those jap only rpg classics? I have the CHD files which I will convert to bin and cue. Just not sure where to get the patches and how to merge. Guessing I need to use AnyBurn to add the english bin file patches??
Same here lol
finally my excuse to play Dragon Force II translation

Reactions: Zomorph

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank f%ck I finally did it! SFZ3 is working. I created a new NSP base using Cotton. I'm gonna use this for 4MB games now and leave GF base for everything else. Thanks to everyone that tried to help. Much appreciated.

My final question, what's the best way to go about getting english patches for some of those jap only rpg classics? I have the CHD files which I will convert to bin and cue using CHDMAN. Just not sure where to get the patches and how to merge. Guessing I need to use AnyBurn to add the english bin file patches??

There is no English patch for sfz3 right?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to thank you @shadow256 for this, I finally got a game to install properly. I got Castlevania to finally install. The one I was originally trying to install was english patched, it just didn’t work. Glad your latest script told me the cue was the problem. By any chance maybe I had a bad copy, did anyone get the english patch to install properly.
Guardian force was the base game I used.

Edit
Just editing to say I got the english patched version to work. For some reason downloading the game again solved the problem. I guess I just had a bad download.

Last edited by fst312,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
No idea to be honest. The menu's are English but the story snippets are still in Japanese. But I guess we don't play SF for the story ;)

As previously mentioned it runs beautifully.
That is true.

Did you happen to try X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter?

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is true.

Did you happen to try X-Men and Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter?

Yep - just now. But I forgot to use the ini file that Thorhax kindly shared in post 1159. Gonna try again with that. The standard ini is slow. Tried Waku Waku 7 again too (after sorting the 4mg setting). Still unplayable. Will also try Thorhax's ini file for Waku Waku 7.

cl4ssik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tested Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge with the 2D_Config.ini with CartridgeID="5c"
and i noticed some artifacts which appear occasionally in the game,
did someone experiment this problem ? Thx

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have tested Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge with the 2D_Config.ini with CartridgeID="5c"
and i noticed some artifacts which appear occasionally in the game,
did someone experiment this problem ? Thx

Is that your own 2D Config.ini or the one that Thorhax posted? MSH vs SF is still pretty slow for me with Thorax's config...Or his config is not taking effect for some reason. I replaced the contents of the original config file in the romfs folder with the contents of his config file and so should it be kicking in...

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having trouble creating an NSP for X-men v SF...

1635196599209.png

Getting this error msg:

1635196653070.png

Any thoughts? I opened the cue file for X-men vs SF- has the correct bin name. No special characters etc. Weird

Zomorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I know the problem but not sure how to fix it. I used CHDMAN to convert CHD to BIN/CUE. But the Cue file refers to individual bin files inside, even though there's actually only one bin file. Do I need to somehow merge these bin files within the cue file?

1635197052816.png

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Having trouble creating an NSP for X-men v SF...

View attachment 281651

Getting this error msg:

View attachment 281652

Any thoughts? I opened the cue file for X-men vs SF- has the correct bin name. No special characters etc. Weird

I had same error message when there were 2 bin files. This post helped me https://gbatemp.net/threads/saturn-...n-force-testing-and-debug.600756/post-9638317

It's probably safer option getting the original cue and bin file rather than reconverting it.

Reactions: Zomorph

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite