Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I only was able to decrypt the ini thanks to Shadòw tool from reswitched, so he's the real heroe here https://github.com/shadowninja108/STD/releases :lol:
Not sure if he has a gbatemp account, but it's just fair people knows.
Also big thanks to @botik who decrypted the .tex header to allow use bigger sized .png, @JRoad for pointing the `IEND` `Parts` magic in Texture.tex file, @ZER-O for providing resources when I need them, and my personal friend @ploggy for all the beta testing :P, I hope not I'm not missing someone else.
I like that, good tool to add to my follow list.

I'm progressing to freeze Squirrel with Pyinstaller, it's not good for now but at least I progress.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Any idea why my games are crashing when i'm trying to save my progress? Also i wanted to change the image for playing guide so i could have different image to replace the joycons image that i get now but after i have changed the image and booted game i get nothing but black screen.

Last edited by helvetinperkeles,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any idea why my games are crashing when i'm trying to save my progress? Also i wanted to change the image for playing guide so i could have different image to replace the joycons image that i get now but after i have changed the image and booted game i get nothing but black screen.
If you talk about savestate it could be because the 4 MB ram is set in the ini file.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@linkcelula paul_met did a Story of Thor 2 hack long time ago. It increases the resolution, fixes bugs from the original game and it can convert the PAL game into NTSC, fixing the cropping. Download it here: http://meduza-team.ucoz.net/publ/romkhaking/modifikacii/modifikacija_igr_dlja_sega_saturn/3-1-0-5

f79e1d6ec5124fabae88b2cedaa40f1b.png

Reactions: Zomorph

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK I finaly got Squirrel freeze to work (at least for the functions that I want), now I can work on extracting the NSP correctly without need of the title.keys file (this will fix a lot of problems and misunderstandings for beginners) and I should always choose the good NCAs to extract (will greatly simplify the debug for me), maybe this will be ready for this week-end but for now I need some rest.

After that I want to allow the user to choose only the .cue file insted of the game's folder, with parsing of the file I should be more easier to me to fix possible problems of file name in the .cue file or to verify that the file(s) are present.

And after that if you see something to add don't hesitate to suggest.

linkcelula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I finaly got Squirrel freeze to work (at least for the functions that I want), now I can work on extracting the NSP correctly without need of the title.keys file (this will fix a lot of problems and misunderstandings for beginners) and I should always choose the good NCAs to extract (will greatly simplify the debug for me), maybe this will be ready for this week-end but for now I need some rest.

After that I want to allow the user to choose only the .cue file insted of the game's folder, with parsing of the file I should be more easier to me to fix possible problems of file name in the .cue file or to verify that the file(s) are present.

And after that if you see something to add don't hesitate to suggest.
put together a little pack of custom unity assets to replace current ones with some Plane old 'Saturn' ones

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
put together a little pack of custom unity assets to replace current ones with some Plane old 'Saturn' ones
I will not make the asets myself but if someone do somes and authorize me to publish it on my script it will be easy to do. For now you can add your own custom asets during the script, that the more important I think.

Reactions: ZER-O and Zomorph

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How far did you test Panzer Dragoon Saga? I get a reproducible crash on CD2 reight after the Guardian boss fight.

I used Guardian Force as base with the European version of PDS and the default config.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks for this compatibility list;
Destruction derby [YES] works
Sonic jam [YES] works

@michele59 can you please share your ini config file for Sonic Jam? I've tried half a dozen configuration changes and can't get it to work. You're the first to report it working.

How far did you test Panzer Dragoon Saga? I get a reproducible crash on CD2 reight after the Guardian boss fight.

I used Guardian Force as base with the European version of PDS and the default config.

I only tested through a battle.
Did you beat Disc 1 and start Disc 2 if I'm understanding you correctly? I just want to verify that you were able to go from Disc 1 to Disc 2 via save file on Switch without issue.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to ask again does anyone know how to make the tex images this uses I'd like to make actual good looking injects.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I only tested through a battle.
Did you beat Disc 1 and start Disc 2 if I'm understanding you correctly? I just want to verify that you were able to go from Disc 1 to Disc 2 via save file on Switch without issue.
Yes, I played through the whole CD1, saved at its end and loaded the save with CD2. No problems as long as CD1 and 2 share the same ID. After the Guardian boss Fight it crashes unfortunately.

Reactions: Levine91

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I played through the whole CD1, saved at its end and loaded the save with CD2. No problems as long as CD1 and 2 share the same ID. After the Guardian boss Fight it crashes unfortunately.

You may try to OC the game a little (even more if you havent already) to see if this helps

Reactions: SpaceJump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-