Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I have everything set to always check for updates and I've re-tried a few times now, but now the script keeps kicking me back to the Saturn game inject main menu after Step 2 pops up.
SS Game Inject shows 4.3.186 and the hack script shows 4.3.187
A debug test that I have forgotten to remove, this should be fixed with the update I have pushed; I was really tired yesterday.

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
No as far as I am concerned. I asked for others but get no answer. The setting is missing in the options too so I guess it was disabled with this port.
Scanline option is present within the savedata, but turned off. I tried to flag it by editing the save, but doesn't seem to be working. So it's either broken/removed or I'm missing a setting.

The options:
Code:
[EachGame]
AntiAliasing="0"
HighScore="0"
Language="0"
PlayNumber="0"
Scanline="0"
ScanlineRatio="80"
ScreenSize="1"
SlowButton="13"
Wallpaper="0"

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A debug test that I have forgotten to remove, this should be fixed with the update I have pushed; I was really tired yesterday.

No worries, I get it. Unfortunately I am running into another issue though.
The NSP does successfully get created, however upon trying to install it through Tinfoil, I get a couple of errors that come up.
"Failed to register placeholder"
"Failed to write placeholder"

I already have tinfoil setup to install unsigned code, have plenty of space, and can install regular games just fine.

FWIW when confirming all the paths n such on the script, the titlekey path was showing as blank despite me assigning such to it. Idk if that may have anything to do with it.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What’s your 00FF747765616BFF folder structure?

Remember that if you changed the icon you need to reload atmosphere in order the changes take effect.
These are my folder structures. Are they correct? No matter i try i can't get image to change so something is wrong here 🤔
Edit: I even tested with premade images that are posted to custom icon thread and still nothing happens. I'm clueless here.

Attachments

• 20211011_162555.jpg
    20211011_162555.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20211011_162539.jpg
    20211011_162539.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited by helvetinperkeles,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The NSP does successfully get created, however upon trying to install it through Tinfoil, I get a couple of errors that come up.

I already have tinfoil setup to install unsigned code, have plenty of space, and can install regular games just fine.

FWIW when confirming all the paths n such on the script, the titlekey path was showing as blank despite me assigning such to it. Idk if that may have anything to do with it.
Try installing via Awoo-installer or Tinleaf or Tinwoo or DBI, I've tested with Tinleaf and the game work. I don't use Tinfoil so I couldn't help on it. If it doesn't work, show me the sumary of the params used (no screenshot, copy the text directly cause I'm blind and it's difficult to me to read text with image files).

The problem of the no displayed path for title keys file is just a display error with the english language (I only test with French), it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for your errror reports.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

use DBi and just drag and Drop it to the SD micro install Partition (it will install 100%)
use DBi v330+ and click the option that says Enable MTP (its a USB 3.0 drive connection to PC)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
These are my folder structures. Are they correct? No matter i try i can't get image to change so something is wrong here 🤔
Edit: I even tested with premade images that are posted to custom icon thread and still nothing happens. I'm clueless here.
I believe the issue is title id ending in “02” try with “00”.

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something that could be intresting to find is the bios selection, I've trryed to put a "bios.bin" in the "romfs" folder and to config the ini file with 'SaturnBIOS="bios.bin"' but doesn't work, this show an error and go back to main menu. I think that the path must be indicated with an other logic but I don't know how to indicate this absolute path. If someone have a clue...?

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
L

Still no..
go back 4 pages and find my post with attachment, that file is the romFS dump from eShop single game Cotton2
provide your own game .bin to the romFS file

drop it in your Contents folder, delete the original folder you have, delete your game save, start the game

add castlevania .bin to it, the .cue i shared inside is already for Castlevania, reference the picture to know which .bin i used

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
go back 4 pages and find my post with attachment, that file is the romFS dump from eShop single game Cotton2

drop it in your Contents folder, delete the original folder you have, delete your game save, start the game

add castlevania .bin to it, the .cue i shared inside is already for Castlevania, reference the picture to know which .bin i used
And this should help to get custom image to appear?

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Something that could be intresting to find is the bios selection, I've trryed to put a "bios.bin" in the "romfs" folder and to config the ini file with 'SaturnBIOS="bios.bin"' but doesn't work, this show an error and go back to main menu. I think that the path must be indicated with an other logic but I don't know how to indicate this absolute path. If someone have a clue...?
I don't think it will work, I tried the following SaturnBIOS="/switch/bios.bin", got error 2002-0001, then the controller layout screen appears, and game boots up. So I think it tried to load the bios but failed.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It could be more easy for you install cotton2 standalone (the game most people here is using) instead the 3 in 1 game, but if you want to still try:
Check the correct Title ID by launching the game and then looking the TID with some tool like Edizon overlay.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Not helping. The games do work. The issue is the custom game image that refuses to change no matter i do.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm using the standalone versions of each game. All 3 games work but i just can't get those game images to change the ones i want.
It could be more easy for you install cotton2 standalone (the game most people here is using) instead the 3 in 1 game, but if you want to still try:
Check the correct Title ID by launching the game and then looking the TID with some tool like Edizon overlay.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wait until someone share a public tool to change TID and BID and Game icon image and edits the Developer names etc etc

right now such a tool exists in Private, there was a smart guy who said he done all of this in day one and Trashed my effort to share a file to help people who just want to try this out, ask him to share his method

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
it was said many times to delete the file, delete the game save, and copy past everything again, dont edit files on SD card
Done that and not helping. Well i give up and just wait till we get some tools to edit the icons. Main thing is that the games work. Other than that its just cosmetic issues 👍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu