SanDisk releasing 128Gb Micro SD cards soon!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The motherboard would have to be able to support it. It's actually been pretty recent since 64 gb sd cards were supported.

SDXD, both generation 3 and 4 flash cards are those types. The main difference is read and write speeds. So anything late 2009 should work with a few exceptions.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just be careful not to sneeze to hard with it around.

$200? Hefty.

Compared to the Vita cards, that's a bloody steal!

And these cards are microSDXC, not the standard microSD.

The motherboard would have to be able to support it. It's actually been pretty recent since 64 gb sd cards were supported.

Most Android devices support microSDXC which is for 64 GB through to 1 TB. Some would just need a parch to support larger then 64.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so what? nothing that needs this kind of space supports it anyways.
also, lets bet the fail rate for that thing is through the roof

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
$200 for this shit? i can go buy an external 500gb hdd for that!! :rofl:

don't think you could fit a external hard drive in a tablet or a phone though, agree the price is steep but it will go down eventually.

the new micro sd cards are SDXC so any device that supports this format would be able to use these new cards if not a firmware update would increase the storage support.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good news, this is one benefit android has over ios, android doesn't not have limited storage space and the storage is expandable, would be a dream to have 128gb on my note 2 phone or even my tablet.

i wonder if ayone has come up with a way to mod i devices to install a msd slot yet, apple used to sell an adapter for the old dock connector devices that let you plug in a sd card , i am surprised with how popular apple devices are that nobody has come up with some sort of hard mod service to add a msd to at least the larger devices like ipad

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
128GB YEAH
200$ Yea..................................................wait wah.

it doesnt matter this is great news as it will surely start to drive down the prices of the 64gb msd cards
GW just announced mlultirom does support 64GB msd, , so if the price drops by 20$ i will but a 64 instead of a 32

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i wonder if ayone has come up with a way to mod i devices to install a msd slot yet, apple used to sell an adapter for the old dock connector devices that let you plug in a sd card , i am surprised with how popular apple devices are that nobody has come up with some sort of hard mod service to add a msd to at least the larger devices like ipad

i know a mod for the note 2 to expand the memory but it looks ugly and bulky requires soldering e.t.c, never seen a mod for iphones though but i bet there is one.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt matter this is great news as it will surely start to drive down the prices of the 64gb msd cards
GW just announced mlultirom does support 64GB msd, , so if the price drops by 20$ i will but a 64 instead of a 32

If you say so, I don't really use them, any ways as I don't use GW or anything else but if the price drops than that's awesome for many people.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I remember building my first desktop PC in 1994. It was a 486 DX-2 66MHz with 4MB RAM and a 540MB hard drive.

In 1996 I was wowed by the capacity of my friend's 2GB hard drive.

In 2000 people envied my WD 120GB external USB hard drive, which was huge and required a separate power cable (with a rather bulky AC adapter).

A few years ago I thought the 32GB MicroSD card I got was pretty awesome.

Last year I bought a 64GB SD card for my Canon EOS 60D.

Just last month I got a 128GB USB flash drive for $37.99 on Newegg. I've already filled it up.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-DataTraveler-Predator-1TB-DTHXP30/dp/B00E65QM8O
71lN319K9%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only downsides are the slowdowns ... right? :unsure:

If you put it in RAID0 with load balancing, that'll take care of slowdown.

Biggest problem with your idea aside from cost would be write endurance and data retention. Flash memory have poor data retention period than HDD or other storage format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.