SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4gb help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Shark0011, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Shark0011
    OP

Shark0011 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2009
    United States
    Hi I have a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4gb and i checked the compatibility thread on it and 5 people confirmed it worked with the usb loader. I am using usb loader 1.5 from wanikiko (cant spell) and when i put it in it says no wbfs partition found press A to format and i press a then i get a ret -6 error every time. I formatted using the wbfs manager 2.5 and tried it with the loader i get the same error but its confirmed to be working plz help anyone get it to work??
    thanks

2. EtherealX

EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    Do a full (not quick) format on it first as FAT32. Then use WBFS Manager to format it to WBFS. I've always had bad luck using a loader to format drives.

EDIT: The listing also states.. "Delete Launchpad partition. This should allow ALL cruzer micros to work." -- did you do that? Enable the option for your OS to view hidden files, make sure its not hiding there somewhere.

3. smf

smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2009
    The u3 partition has a tool to remove it, you should use that. I don't think windows will let you get rid of it otherwise.
    However my 16gb drive worked fine before I figured out how to get rid of it, it just wasted some space.