Hacking Samurai_Warriors_3_PAL_Wii-WiiERD - Bad dump?

altaris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
by the way, my friend had to update his Cios in order to work, or else the game was locking at the exact place as it was with the bad bump.

my Cios is updated already so i had no problem

You mean ciosv19?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
I didn't know that there's no difference between PAL and NTSC via rgb cable, thanks. Hmm, the rgb cable for Wii outputs rgb for PAL video and a s-video signal on the red channel for NTSC video...

Note that the red screen issue is only Wii related, because the wii does something strange with a NTSC signal and a rgb cable.

S-Video shares the Red signal (thats not a wii specific thing), so that would be correct if you tell your console to output svideo with an rgb cable and the tv in rgb mode. I suppose it's possible that the NTSC Wii can't output rgb (at least in the system menu), in which case component is the only option that is common to both PAL and NTSC.

something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/YPbPr-Component-Video-...=item3a55500c04

should allow you to convert component 480p/576i to composite/svideo 480i if your tv doesn't support component @ 50hz.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wiimm said:
The tools check the disc itself. Each partition (DATA+UPDATE+CHANNEL) is encrypted. Each 1024 bytes have a SHA1 checksum and this checksum is also stored on the disc. There are 5 levels of checksum (See http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Disc#Partition_Data for details.)

The VERIFY command decrypt the data and calculate the checksums again and compare them with the stored checksums like the Wii does. Is there is a difference my tools print a message. For scrubbed discs only the needed sectors are checked.

I was too busy pimping veriify I didn't see you'd posted.

One possible advantages of veriify is it uses standard .net libraries for decryption. Which I believe in theory can use hardware acceleration.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here are my tests from my CRT tv with component inputs on NTSC

Auto Patch- can see the screen but its all wavy was able to create a save file and start a character fine
Force NTSC- black screen
force Pal60 - same as auto patch
force pal50 - same as auto patch
Disk Default- black screen
system default - black screen

Will test on an HD tv when i get home this weekend

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
Here are my tests from my CRT tv with component inputs on NTSC

Auto Patch- can see the screen but its all wavy was able to create a save file and start a character fine
Force NTSC- black screen
force Pal60 - same as auto patch
force pal50 - same as auto patch
Disk Default- black screen
system default - black screen

Will test on an HD tv when i get home this weekend
Wont work tested it on 4 hdtvs.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
WiiPower said:
I didn't know that there's no difference between PAL and NTSC via rgb cable
RGB is RGB. no matter what country you are in - over SCART, VGA, Component or any other permutation. PAL/NTSC/SECAM are colour carriers for non-rgb connection methods.

QUOTE said:
Note that the red screen issue is only Wii related, because the wii does something strange with a NTSC signal and a rgb cable.
Whilst the red screen is peculiar to the wii (as far as consoles go), it isn't the only console that disables RGB - for example some NTSC dreamcast games (but not the system itself) also disabled video output when using a RGB SCART cable; giving you a blank screen (although sound carried on working).

QUOTE(PrinceNOOB @ Jun 4 2010, 01:08 PM)
How many times do you need to be told? Just because it doesn't work on the TVs you have used does NOT mean that it won't work at all. By all means warn people that lots of TVs may not work, but don't tell them an outright lie by claiming it won't work at all. Enough people in the three threads have proven you wrong!

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
WiiPower said:
I didn't know that there's no difference between PAL and NTSC via rgb cable
RGB is RGB. no matter what country you are in - over SCART, VGA, Component or any other permutation. PAL/NTSC/SECAM are colour carriers for non-rgb connection methods.

QUOTE said:
Whilst the red screen is peculiar to the wii (as far as consoles go), it isn't the only console that disables RGB - for example some NTSC dreamcast games (but not the system itself) also disabled video output when using a RGB SCART cable; giving you a blank screen (although sound carried on working).

QUOTE(PrinceNOOB @ Jun 4 2010, 01:08 PM)
How many times do you need to be told? Just because it doesn't work on the TVs you have used does NOT mean that it won't work at all. By all means warn people that lots of TVs may not work, but don't tell them an outright lie by claiming it won't work at all. Enough people in the three threads have proven you wrong!
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU YOU IT WONT WORK ON NTSC TVS. DAMMIT IS THERE A BUTTON TO BLOCK YOUR DAMN POSTS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If "NTSC hdtv"s don't support PAL 50 Hz video playback, that's just plain stupid. Is there anything known that doesn't work on a "PAL hdtv"?

And i would like to know if this combination works to get at least colors:
NTSC Wii + NTSC crt tv + PAL rgb cable

Some people seem to only have the color issue, if a rgb cable would fix that, that would be good to know. The jumping screen issue would remain in any case, so it wouldn't be a perfect solution.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Wiipower: A post I made in another thread:

QUOTE said:
Pioneer, Sharp, Philips, some Sony and Vizio (whoever they are) models all seem to support PAL, so about the only main-brands of TV without support are Panasonic and Samsung.

This idiot is just claiming it won't work on ANY NTSC TV, even though people in the usa, with ntsc tv's have said it works fine for them. He's an idiot, he won't listen to reason. Most of the big brands work fine with PAL, other brands can be a chance. Let him live in ignorance, it suits him down to the ground.

NTSC Wii + NTSC TV + RGB cable would display the game in colour, if NTSC TVs had SCART sockets, which 99.99999999% don't.

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the game working perfectly fine on a NTSC Vizio HDTV using component cables and Force PAL50 option w/ 249 in CFG Loader. Shows 576i as the resolution so I suppose this TV just happens to support PAL resolutions.

nj727

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Struggling to get in working on my pal wii! freezes at the same point as the bad dump. installed ciosx 19 , still nothing. gunna try some different backup loaders. any other suggestions?
nathan.

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nj727 said:
Struggling to get in working on my pal wii! freezes at the same point as the bad dump. installed ciosx 19 , still nothing. gunna try some different backup loaders. any other suggestions?
nathan.
Did you try using usbloader gx? It worjs great an the graphics is pretty good

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Guys, why do you let all the dumbs to post here and spread a bunch of stupidities? George is right, many people read here that the game wont work on a NTSC TV because that stupid noob wrote that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==