Samurai_Warriors_3_PAL_Wii-WiiERD - Bad dump?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by CharAznable, May 28, 2010.

May 28, 2010
  1. CharAznable
    OP

Member CharAznable GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So yeah, having some problems here with WiiERD's release of SW3. First off, it doesn't work in NTSC. I know this doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad dump, but it's amazingly rare for a PAL game to not support 60Hz (I think there's only two other games that don't).

But also, it seems to have no sound at all. Anyone else having problems with it?

2. adawgdafree

Newcomer adawgdafree Member

United States
    I ran that on Dolphin and it works fine but I only have an NTSC Wii and no matter what I did it always booted into a black screen. Hopefully there is a way to fix this.

3. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    It boots fine for me from CFG USB Loader, but I get the traditional PAL "rolling screen", even if I force NTSC. And then there's the whole no sound issue too, which has only ever happened to me once before, with a bad dump of Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes.

So yeah, kinda wondering if this is a bad dump. The fact that it's 4.7GB compressed and nearly 8GB uncompressed makes me wonder, as well.

EDIT: Just looked at the Japanese version. 7.88GB compressed, even scrubbed. Yeah, something's not right with the PAL dump.

4. adawgdafree

United States
    Maybe they ripped the movies out (besides the intro) or something? When I went to try it in Dolphin, the game froze if I started someone's story mode but it would work if I did a free mode level (I set the voices to Japanese and sound was perfectly fine).

5. mayu29

Member mayu29 GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    I can also confirm that's definitely a bad dump. Strange from Wiierd, they've always ripped great games. I'll wait for a proper.

6. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    Yeah, Story Mode freezes up for me too.

Though I got the sound working. Or rather, it always worked...I just got some cords mixed around. >_<

But yeah, I'm almost positive this is a bad dump. Though I doubt even a proper release will make it work on NTSC. Seems like this is just gonna be one of those rare PAL games that doesn't support 60Hz. [​IMG]

7. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Don't try, it's a bad dump. The game is DUAL LAYER.

Pip'

8. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    the DVD9 is available at the well ISO site

9. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Someone said the game has CC support [​IMG] Know what game I'm buying when it's released here!

10. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    ???

PAL60 is 60Hz, are you saying that the game only runs in PAL50? That would be really strange for a new game.

11. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    Seems so. Someone else said in the release thread that on the back of the box, it says the game only functions in 50Hz.

Very strange.

12. WiiPower

Germany
    Ok, i thought you messed 60 Hz and NTSC up, which is not the same as you know.

Ok, seems to be bad dump from what it sounds like, but you may be able to use that dump to figure out if you can fix the video mode problem or not. I think Cfg has video mode patches too, the options that try to patch cross refresh rates are called "more" and "all" in NeoGamma, should be something similar in Cfg. It's worth a try to check if it's able to run in NTSC480i and/or PAL480i with this patching. VIDTV patch may also help. The chance for this to work seems to be slim, but i would like to know if it works.

13. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    Sadly I can't test if it works in 480i. Don't have component cables (or an HDTV for that matter), just composite and S-Video. I will mess around in the CFG settings though. Couldn't hurt, I suppose.

EDIT: You know, I just realized. Usually when forcing PAL60 on my NTSC TV I'd get a black and white, non-rolling screen. Trying to force PAL60 with SW3 results in a rolling black and white screen. Seems like it really doesn't support 60Hz at all.

14. WiiPower

Germany
    Like i said, you can try video mode patches. And only 480p video modes require component cables.

15. adawgdafree

United States
    Looking at this back cover it looks like the game (at least this French[?] one) is only Pal 50. So even if a proper rip comes out or someone was to import the game itself, it might not play on an NTSC TV.
    http://moe.mabul.org/up/moe/2010/05/26/img-203536rhgzd.png

I tried a bunch of settings with 3 different loaders: SoftChip, NeoGamma, and uLoader and all of them gave me either a blank screen at start up or a pal50 image (I guess pal50 since it was black and white and jumping all over the screen. Only thing that I could get to run it properly was in Dolphin, but that was way too slow on my comp to actually play.

Also (idk if it was the rip, the loader - I don't have a USB harddrive so I'm going by disc - , the burn, or my Wii itself), I kept getting this error message right after attempting to creating a save and load the intro video:
    "The disc could not be read. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details."

16. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    Oh, right. I always get 480i and 480p mixed up (was quite embarrassing when I used to write for a semi-major gaming site and made that mistake in a review...).

But yeah, just tried damn near every combination of forcing NTSC/PAL/PAL60 with every setting for the video mode patch (Disabled/Enabled/All) with no success.

But if it'll help, I'll try every combination again and post the individual results here.

17. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
    crap,

i confirm as well... as soon as the story mode is starting it gets a black screen...
    and yes it does support CC

so not fair....

18. CharAznable
    OP

United States
    Force PAL50 + Video Patch All = Black and white rolling screen
    Force PAL50 + Video Patch All + VidTV Patch = System freezes, all video output ceases
    Force NTSC + Video Patch All = Color Rolling screen
    Force NTSC + Video Patch All + VidTV Patch = Color rolling screen
    Force PAL60 + Video Patch All + VidTV Patch = Black and white rolling screen
    Force PAL60 + Video Patch All + Country Fix = System freezes, all video output ceases

And yeah, that's about as far as I got before I got tired of trying random things that obviously weren't gonna work. *lol* I give up on this, I think. Koei obviously just didn't put 60Hz support in the game in any way/shape/form.

19. adawgdafree

United States
    Have their been any other games with only Pal 50 support that has been made work fine by Forcing it into Pal 60 or NTSC? I just realized that all the other Pal games I played on my NTSC most likely had Pal 60 support and that was what was being auto forced by the loader programs before.

20. WiiPower

Germany
    PAL60 should be black and white on most NTSC tvs that don't support PAL.