Hacking Samurai_Warriors_3_PAL_Wii-WiiERD - Bad dump?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NM
found it
wink.gif

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keltz said:
How far into story mode before one would see a crash? Got this to load using the new "Proper" release on a NTSC wii. USB Loader GX , Video Mode: Force PAL50 VIDTV Patch: ON Patch Country Strings: ON . Game loads and I was able to start story mode and play as the ninja. Ran up to a group of soldiers/villagers killed em and them came here to report. I did notice exiting to the wii system menu my wii had to be restarted (maybe cause it was forced to 50 hertz nt sure why) but a system reboot everything came back fine. If anyone knows a fix for the wii freezing when exiting please share =D

How do you have your Wii hooked up to your TV? Component cables or composite?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
adawgdafree said:
Interesting. I always just thought there was NTSC meant 60 Hz and PAL meant 50 Hz until the first time I toyed with Wii loaders and saw a Force PAL 60 option, lol. All I knew of them was any PAL PS2 game I imported that had a 60 Hz mode played in full color and with no shaking on every single TV I tried it on.

Generally NTSC implies 60hz and PAL implies 50hz. But PAL TV's started supporting PAL with a refresh rate of 60hz in the late 80's/early 90's. Mainly because it was easy to do with a CRT and it meant that people who wanted to import games & movies would buy your TV.

The major difference between NTSC & PAL is the colour encoding. This only applies to composite and s-video, component & rgb are the same everywhere. If you get a black and white picture then it's because your tv doesn't understand the colour encoding that your wii is outputting. An rgb or component cable will fix that, if your tv doesn't have an input for them then you can get a modulator that can go from rgb to either NTSC or PAL.

If the picture rolls then there is pretty much nothing you can do if the game won't work in a different refresh rate.

If the game is bad then veriify will tell you: http://code.google.com/p/oowii/downloads/list

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't know that there's no difference between PAL and NTSC via rgb cable, thanks. Hmm, the rgb cable for Wii outputs rgb for PAL video and a s-video signal on the red channel for NTSC video...

Does this mean that NTSC tv + PAL game/video mode + rgb cable should show up in color? Well if the tv supports rgb of course. This would be really funny as the image quality with the rgb cable is noticable higher than with the crap cables and the rgb cables would show the image in wrong colors for NTSC signals. A bit of a problem here would be to get a rgb cable in a NTSC region, as far as i know you can only get rgb cables in the PAL regions, and s-video only in the NTSC regions.

Note that the red screen issue is only Wii related, because the wii does something strange with a NTSC signal and a rgb cable.

PrinceNOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen everytime I launch it.
Edit: It launched but red screen and flickers alot unplayable on a ntsc set

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PrinceNOOB said:
Black screen everytime I launch it.
Edit: It launched but red screen and flickers alot unplayable on a ntsc set

Are you using a s-video cable by chance? If yes, what do you get with the crap cable?

adawgdafree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using composite cables I could boot the game, forcing PAL50, but the screen is black and white and shifted down (black bar at the top, bottom cut off). I contemplated playing the game like this anyways, just because I really wanted to understand the stories (played already in Japanese), but I can't read the subtitles during cutscenes this way and am NOT going to use the crappy English voices.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PrinceNOOB said:
kimikal27 said:
PrinceNOOB said:
Im using a component cable with an upscaler.

did u even read any of the previous posts?
DID YOU ECEB READ THE POSTS ABOVE? SOMEONE WANTED TO KNOW IF IT WORKS ON NTSC SETS, READ.

first of all my friend, u need to take it easy, ok?
no need for CAPS, my ears hurt ...
count to 10 forward and backward if your are too nervous and then answer, ok?

i asked that cuz it sounded like your complaining about the game not working, and if that was the case u just had to read the posts before,
i just made a question Mr.Noob, no need to get your hairs up

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope this is helpful:

My Wii:
PAL, Sys4.2, cIOS 222/223 Hermes v4, 249/250 Wanin V19.
IOS70 and 36 are trucha patched.
Componente Cable; 480p PAL

Before i try the proper release from zero i delete the old savegame data.

The proper release seems to work with the default settings on USB Loader GX(latest beta) and CFG Loader(latest beta) of i select IOS249 and/or 222.

But the game DIDN'T start if i select "Force NTSC"!

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kimikal27 said:
thats cool Hibit
but there is not problem running the game in a PAL wii, only NTSC .
but thanks any way
Yepp, i understand the problem.
wink.gif

But i hope the hint - with this ^^ configuration - help to solve the problem.

Ok, it's only my idea, but it's a try.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
by the way, my friend had to update his Cios in order to work, or else the game was locking at the exact place as it was with the bad bump.

my Cios is updated already so i had no problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==