Hardware Samsung S2 500GB

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! I'm new on forum. And I got problem.
I've bought Samsung S2 Portable 500GB USB HDD for my Wii yesterday.
I can't format it to WBFS with WBFS Manager 3.0 by AlexDP. I've got error something like this:
QUOTE said:
Cannot load selected drive. Make sure it's not in use and it's formated to WBFS.
However I 'can do everything with my Kingston Data Traveler 2GB.
At completesoftmodguide page I found app called "Wii Backup Manager" and I can format Samsung to WBFS or FAT32(with wbfs folder) but it still don't works. I tried to make smaller partition or use other USB launcher. Crap or Loadstructor created channel don't works too. Everytime my Wii freeze.
With regular FAT32 partition, when in HBC I select "USB Drive" I've go black screen.
Wii USB Devices Compatibility List says that 500GB Samsung works with everything.

What I doing wrong?

bulldog36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're out of luck with this drive !!! I have one too and tried everything and still no go. My Wii errors are similar to yours.

What firmware is on your Wii? What CIOS R14? How old is your Wii?

Some guy on another forum it works for him by running Configurable USB Loader.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My Wii is 4.2E with softmod. I'm sure that i got Hermes' cIOS 222, 223 and 202 rev 4, and Waninkoko's cIOS 38 as 249 but can't remember what revision... maybe 14 or 15. My Wii is not LU64 and I got it at 2008 holiday (July). If it matters - from Australia (not Austria).

I tried Cfg USB loader and stuck on title screen.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't remove it from external case 'casue it isn't hold by any screws. I formated to FAT then to WBFS or FAT32 then to WBFS and NTFS then to WBFS. And still don't works.

bulldog36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Australian console is the same with you except my firmware is 3.4E. This Samsung S2 is the first drive that I have found not to be compatible with my Wii. I have tried 2.5" Verbatim, LG, Seagate GO, Western Digital and other no frill external enclosures and they all work.

Hope someone can shed some light on these Samsung S2 drives

bulldog36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem of getting it to format ... it is getting it to load with the Wii is the problem ... just crashes "stack dump" through HBC or just black screen through configurable usb loader channel / forwader

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
bulldog36 said:
I have no problem of getting it to format ... it is getting it to load with the Wii is the problem ... just crashes "stack dump" through HBC or just black screen through configurable usb loader channel / forwader
Does this drive only have 1 usb connection and depends on WII completely for power

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I that junk to store that I bought it.
What do you recommend? Seagate FreeAgentGo, Verbatim SmartDisk, WD or something from LG.

What exactly?

PS.
Does FreeAgent Go is powered from one USB.
And how i can connect microphone if drive need two ports?

tomhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's 0
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1