Samsung Galaxy Wifi 4.0/5.0

Discussion in 'Android' started by Majorami, Jan 5, 2012.

Jan 5, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Wifi 4.0/5.0 by Majorami at 5:34 AM (470 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Majorami
    OP

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    Is it worth it?

$200 for the 4inch screen, $240 for the 5inch. They share identicle hardware specs minus the screen size and battery life. The 5.0 has a larger battery capacity. Its basically an Android phone without the phone. Full access to all/most android apps, blutooth, GPS, flash-enabled internet browsing, 8GB + expandable storage, the works... All without a contract....

But is it worth it?

I read a review somewhere that the sound quality isn't the best (although I read only one), however it is one of the few flash supported personal media players that support FLAC file types (without 3rd party software). Does anyone know if a 5 inch screen fits well in a pocket? or that if a newer, better android, flash supported media player is comming to the market?

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I've never heard of this, this sounds really cool.
    I had a little Archos "tablet", basically like this but without nice specs.
    I'd say it's worth it if you don't need it to be a phone and just want games / a handheld computer. But I'm kind of an Android fanatic, haha.

3. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I dunno you, but I'd rather get Kindle Fire.

4. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Yes, good price for an amazing tablet. I second this.

5. Majorami
    OP

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    How well does it fit in your pocket? I looked into Fire already but I'm interested in something does everything the NDS/3DS can't, while still being just as portable. Will it fit in a pair of work khakis while not limiting my mobility of crouching?

6. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    It's the only noteworthy iPod Touch competitor out there, but honestly I'd recommend the iPod Touch over it.

7. Majorami
    OP

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    Well there are only two non-phone PMP's that support Android and the phillips one isn't all that hardware speccy or supports Flash.

Theres also a supposably rumored new Zune thats supposed to support Window Phone 7 OS... but... it supports Windows Phone 7 OS...