Samsung Galaxy Wifi 4.0/5.0

Discussion in 'Android' started by Majorami, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Majorami
    OP

Majorami Banned

Banned
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Is it worth it?

$200 for the 4inch screen, $240 for the 5inch. They share identicle hardware specs minus the screen size and battery life. The 5.0 has a larger battery capacity. Its basically an Android phone without the phone. Full access to all/most android apps, blutooth, GPS, flash-enabled internet browsing, 8GB + expandable storage, the works... All without a contract....

But is it worth it?

I read a review somewhere that the sound quality isn't the best (although I read only one), however it is one of the few flash supported personal media players that support FLAC file types (without 3rd party software). Does anyone know if a 5 inch screen fits well in a pocket? or that if a newer, better android, flash supported media player is comming to the market?

2. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    I've never heard of this, this sounds really cool.
    I had a little Archos "tablet", basically like this but without nice specs.
    I'd say it's worth it if you don't need it to be a phone and just want games / a handheld computer. But I'm kind of an Android fanatic, haha.

3. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I dunno you, but I'd rather get Kindle Fire.

4. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Yes, good price for an amazing tablet. I second this.

5. Majorami
    OP

Majorami Banned

Banned
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    How well does it fit in your pocket? I looked into Fire already but I'm interested in something does everything the NDS/3DS can't, while still being just as portable. Will it fit in a pair of work khakis while not limiting my mobility of crouching?

6. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    It's the only noteworthy iPod Touch competitor out there, but honestly I'd recommend the iPod Touch over it.

7. Majorami
    OP

Majorami Banned

Banned
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Well there are only two non-phone PMP's that support Android and the phillips one isn't all that hardware speccy or supports Flash.

Theres also a supposably rumored new Zune thats supposed to support Window Phone 7 OS... but... it supports Windows Phone 7 OS...