Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
cwstjdenobs said:
Foxi4 said:
...and the tax payers pay for the trial.

Not in the US. You pay your half of the cost of the courts win or lose.

Yes, but we the tax payers pay the guards, the judges, the transcribers, all of it.

Even in these purely civil cases? I really thought they would re-coup all the costs of running the courts in this sort of cases. It's what I'd do, except the losers would be paying the lot, at a premium, to help subsidise criminal cases, legal aid etc...

Oh and settling out of court after getting everything in motion through the system would = a quite sizeable fine....

twiztidsinz said:
QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Apr 24 2011, 12:26 AM)
...snip
Nice post... but you fail for one reason: You expect people to actually READ the things they comment on.
This is the internet, there is no place for comments that aren't headline-based, knee-jerk, instant reactions.

Well, that is the American way
wink.gif

QUOTE(FireGrey @ Apr 24 2011, 05:35 AM)
I have now lost my respect for samsung, my respect for apple was never there though...

Counter suing can be seen as a good defensive action rather than a "me too" thing. A lot of companies that don't actually agree with the state of the worlds (not just the US's) patent system hold a lot of the kind they think are bad just for this kind of thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wife's doctor prescribed her a ointment for kne pain