Hacking Sam & Max

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to piece together how to get a backup of Sam & Max for the Wii to run.
I have read several posts hinting it may only work from a burnt DVD.
I have tried USB loader GX with IOS reload blocked.

Has anyone actually managed to get it working and if so, which loaders and settings did you use?

Cheers
grog.gif

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never attempted to get the game working myself but if I recall correctly IOS Reload on a DVD makes it function.

I may be wrong, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer this question.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First: I don't have the game, so this is all what I've read and think...now:

-I know for shure that Sam&Max works on SoftChip r99, patched on cIOS249.
-cIOSCORP works too (that always works
tongue.gif
)
-With USB-Loader: Forget IOS Reload Blocked...it only works for one game, I think. Maybe the Alternate DOL method will do it...otrherwise, there's no Chance.
-Buy it...works 100%

That should cover up all the posibilities..or missed I something?

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, just trying to see if I could throw it on the HDD with the rest of my games, I love the convenience.

Cheers

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Patched to use IOS249, SoftChip and NeoGamma should work, and if you have cioscorp SoftChip, NeoGamma and the disc channel should work.

As soon as the IOS Reload blocker works as expected, there's a chance the game works from usb too. For now, all other loaders than NeoGamma would require more changes than the IOS Reload block.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get a DVD-R backup of Sam and Max running, but it's slow and choppy. Use isoPatcher to patch the iso to use 249. Then use WiiGator's Backup Launcher with 002 fix, and select reboot with hooks from the menu. The Wii will restart, and Sam & Max should now show up in the disc channel. Launch the game from the disc channel, and you can actually start Episode 1. This worked for me, even when I was back on 3.2U system menu, and ciosRev7. I've never used cioscorps, don't really know why people use it, and have heard only bad things about it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dsfanatic5 said:
I can get a DVD-R backup of Sam and Max running, but it's slow and choppy. Use isoPatcher to patch the iso to use 249. Then use WiiGator's Backup Launcher with 002 fix, and select reboot with hooks from the menu. The Wii will restart, and Sam & Max should now show up in the disc channel. Launch the game from the disc channel, and you can actually start Episode 1. This worked for me, even when I was back on 3.2U system menu, and ciosRev7. I've never used cioscorps, don't really know why people use it, and have heard only bad things about it.

The rebooter is broken with the newer cIOS, but in exchange the game really works in SoftChip and NeoGamma now if the game is patched to use IOS249.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
dsfanatic5 said:

The rebooter is broken with the newer cIOS, but in exchange the game really works in SoftChip and NeoGamma now if the game is patched to use IOS249.
Honestly, ever since USB Loader was released, I haven't tried playing any of my old dvd-r backups. Even though I just bought a used copy for $8.00, I'll give NeoGamma a shot. After all, it's not about playing the games, it's all about getting them to work right?
tongue.gif
This Wii hacking is becoming an obsession if I can just play the real game, but am more interested in getting a $.25 DVD-R to play instead.

bbpp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dsfanatic5 said:

Hey, did you ever find a way to fix the choppiness of this game, by running the DVD?
I have the same problem...

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
bbpp83 said:
Hey, did you ever find a way to fix the choppiness of this game, by running the DVD?
It isn't something that is likely to be fixed as disc loaders seem to all load games at 3x, which is half the speed of the Wii's DVD drive.

bbpp83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
9th_Sage said:
bbpp83 said:
It isn't something that is likely to be fixed as disc loaders seem to all load games at 3x, which is half the speed of the Wii's DVD drive.

But then how come most other games don't have this choppiness?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16