ROM Hack SaltySD for sun/moon?

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save redirection? what does that mean
These edits redirect the all files to sd:/saltysd/SunMoon. SD loaded files take first priority, then normal files. Because this patch redirects nn::fs::TryOpenFile, it can also optionally redirect extdata and savedata, although writing has not been tested (but should work). Since files are only redirected in the event of the existence of a file on SD, a savefile can be redirected by placing main at sd:/saltysd/SunMoon/main.
edit: that wasn't clear at all. Instead of reading the save from the cart/nintendo 3ds folder you can make it read from a set location on sd card

Last edited by xtheman,
D

Deleted User

edit: that wasn't clear at all. Instead of reading the save from the cart/nintendo 3ds folder you can make it read from a set location on sd card
why would redirection matter unless it's decrypted? aren't save files encrypted? or does the redirection deal with that automatically, and what about the secure values?

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would redirection matter unless it's decrypted? aren't save files encrypted? or does the redirection deal with that automatically, and what about the secure values?
I haven't tested it. I'm just going by @shinyquagsire23 word. But in theory it should just read and write to the main (dumped with a save manger) file in /saltysd/sunmoon/main without any problems. (this is useful for say pkhex)

D

Deleted User

I haven't tested it. I'm just going by @shinyquagsire23 word. But in theory it should just read and write to the main (dumped with a save manger) file in /saltysd/sunmoon/main without any problems. (this is useful for say pkhex)
then it could make a backup too in case something fucks up

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does work, I've tested it, but basically all it does it make the game read/write to the sdcard and ignore the savedata file.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shinyquagsire23 would you be able to point me in the right direction for setting this up? When I tried to build with armips, it said the architecture wasn't specified
I'm also getting this exact error. Anybody have any idea? I can't find ANY tutorials on how to properly compile SaltySD
Try editing patch.s and change .arm.little to just .arm, my armips is at the latest build (self-compiled) and it errored with just .arm.

EDIT: Can also try .nds instead, that will probably work.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,
Reactions: froggestspirit

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try editing patch.s and change .arm.little to just .arm, my armips is at the latest build (self-compiled) and it errored with just .arm.

EDIT: Can also try .nds instead, that will probably work.
Sadly still gave me the same error.

"patch.s(1) fatal error: No architecture specified"
"make: *** [all] Error 2"

EDIT: I'm dumb lmao. Updated my armips and it compiled correctly. Sorry and thanks :)

Last edited by sora10pls,

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm doing something wrong. I got the music to replace but I can't get save redirection to work. Am I doing something wrong? I put the file in "/saltysd/SunMoon/main" And also tried "/saltysd/SunMoon/main/main"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1