Hacking Official SaltFW - "Slim Alternative Firmware"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowhand
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 88,065
  • Replies Replies 456
  • Likes Likes 7
Download the attachment and put the SaltFW folder in the root of your SD, reboot, see if that works.
Tried inserting out and in after being unable to boot into Sys and I booted in at last,still with no Splash Screen.
I guess that's 'cause I'm using Aurora's non-screeninit version of A9LH which needs config "splash screen" in the Luma menu.
So I suggest u could add support for splash in non-screeninit A9.
Also it seems that SaltFW is currently not so compatible with non-screeninit version.(Tried several times inserting before boooting into Sys)
 
Boot speed should be on par with Luma if not ever-so-slightly faster. Having a splash will make your boot 3 seconds slower.
 
i also use the non-screeninit but both are booting under 10 seconds! (on an OLD 3DS also as on the NEW 3DS)
 
Nope i dont need gimmicks like that because i want to play with my 3DS and dont look at a nice picture at boot :)
(But everyone can do what she/he likes.....but it's nothing for me!)
 
Without splash(non-screeninit).......
Luma Latest
00:09.80
00:09.78
00:09.81
00:09.85
00:09.80
Salt 2.0b
00:10.18
00:10.21
00:10.18
00:10.20
00:10.18
Salt 2.0
00:10.13
00:10.15
00:10.15
00:10.15
00:10.16
Maybe something is still conflicted with non-screeninit?Gonna try screeninit test

WITH splash in screen-init
Luma latest
00:12.78
00:12.81
00:12.75
00:12.80
00:12.80
Salt 2.0
00:13.18
00:13.16
00:13.20
00;13.15
00:13.16
Not gonna test 2.0b,maybe anything wrong with my console?
P.S. NEW3DSLL Japan
 
Last edited by BabyBichu,
I'm not sure but I might be missing something in the code, but I won't release a new hotfix since this doesn't really prevent any actual features. Wait for the next release.
 
I do have one suggestion and it's really not that big a deal, but would it be possible to add a line to the system settings to say something like "SaltFW" or something along those lines. Like how ReiNAND has it's little Logo there or how Luma3DS adds sys/emu to it.
It's really not important and doesn't add anything, but I personally like them because it reminds of the PSP CFW's.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BabyBichu

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted