Hacking Official SaltFW - "Slim Alternative Firmware"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowhand
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 88,060
  • Replies Replies 456
  • Likes Likes 7
I do have one suggestion and it's really not that big a deal, but would it be possible to add a line to the system settings to say something like "SaltFW" or something along those lines. Like how ReiNAND has it's little Logo there or how Luma3DS adds sys/emu to it.
It's really not important and doesn't add anything, but I personally like them because it reminds of the PSP CFW's.
Agreed.
It will show others the brand of the CFW.
A "Salt-Sys" or "SaltFW" or anything else would be greater than just "Ver."
 
Agreed.
It will show others the brand of the CFW.
A "Salt-Sys" or "SaltFW" or anything else would be greater than just "Ver."
Does it really matter though? They all are the same anyhow, unless they decide to remove features because they can't figure out how to add them.
 
Does it really matter though? They all are the same anyhow, unless they decide to remove features because they can't figure out how to add them.
It's not a big deal, I just personally like the feature myself. Currently all the CFW's I run have it and it would be nice if SaltFW was able to have it as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BabyBichu
Does it really matter though? They all are the same anyhow, unless they decide to remove features because they can't figure out how to add them.
Doesn't really matter.Just a suggestion.
It's not a big deal, I just personally like the feature myself. Currently all the CFW's I run have it and it would be nice if SaltFW was able to have it as well.
Yep,SaltFW could add the string as well.Couldn't agree more.
 
I did debate this in my head over and over, I really wanted to add it, but then I decided that this is a minimalist CFW, and I want it to look as stock as possible without sacrificing several features. So I don't think I'll be adding this.
EDIT: I just thought I could have it read from a file, but then it'll be just customizable, and it'll be like "config", which kinda defeats the purpose of SaltFW.

That's a good feature for people who are going with @Plailect's guide, but if you're using SaltFW, you already have a9lh 11.0, and 0 need to downgrade. Not to mention you can drop 10.2 firmware.bin to the root of your SD and get the same effect.
 
Last edited by Shadowhand,
I did debate this in my head over and over, I really wanted to add it, but then I decided that this is a minimalist CFW, and I want it to look as stock as possible without sacrificing several features. So I don't think I'll be adding this.
EDIT: I just thought I could have it read from a file, but then it'll be just customizable, and it'll be like "config", which kinda defeats the purpose of SaltFW.


That's a good feature for people who are going with @Plailect's guide, but if you're using SaltFW, you already have a9lh 11.0, and 0 need to downgrade. Not to mention you can drop 10.2 firmware.bin to the root of your SD and get the same effect.
It could just be a optional feature. Like for people like me who want that feature. I know Mizuki had there loader injection option to it. It wasn't part of the CFW, it was something that had to be added. I also know CakesFW has a cakes for it as well. It's not really a big, it's more of a personal want on my end, since I am a nerd and like small details like that.
 
If I added an options menu, I would have nothing different than Luma :P I will see if I can get an elegant solution, but no promises.
I am not suggesting an option menu, but more like the CakesFW/Mizuki approach. Basically adding a file to the SaltFw folder to make it work. Much like how the bootsplashes work.
 
I am not suggesting an option menu, but more like the CakesFW/Mizuki approach. Basically adding a file to the SaltFw folder to make it work. Much like how the bootsplashes work.
Yes Please! This would be terrific. I'm stuck using an older version of Mizuki because I use NTR so I need firmware.bin support but I also REALLY need yifanlu's loader to load from the SD card, and mizuki is the only CFW I know of that HAD these features.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Feeling it!
Yes Please! This would be terrific. I'm stuck using an older version of Mizuki because I use NTR so I need firmware.bin support but I also REALLY need yifanlu's loader to load from the SD card, and mizuki is the only CFW I know of that HAD these features.
That is something I plan to add, but it'll have to wait a little bit. Sadly, there are projects that take precedence over this at the moment.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted