Sakura- GBA Save Mismatch

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Cheater388, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Cheater388
    OP

Cheater388 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    The story: I really want to cheat in pokemon fire red, but I don't know how to code the action replay codes and the action replay code manager does not connect. So, I go to my last resort: taking the rom and save into visual boy advance and cheating there, taking the save back into my M3 real cart (with the latest Sakura OS). When I copy my save to my cart and use it, I am barred the way. Sakura just kept playing the last save it itself used instead of the save I had.

I know that when I import my save, it should work! I was playing PFR with that cheated save when all I had in my cart was a fresh Sakura and just that some and save.

I's for all games, not just PFR. It's annoying! HELP!

2. vmkstar99

vmkstar99 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2008
    United States
    I see three possible reasons:

1. The save file is not in the GBA save format (which is .sav, i think), or
    2. The previous save file has not been deleted, or
    3. The save file is in the wrong place.

I think that this may be no. 2, because if your cart didn't have your previous save, I don't know how it could rollback to it.

3. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

May 4, 2008
    United States
    West of the equator Sex: sure
    yeah, what he said, delete your previous gba save.

4. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    Btw,,
    Whats so super of sakura I'ts so... pink [​IMG]

5. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    if you use a custom non-pink skin (I prefer Aero Grass) it is awesome. Try it!

6. Cheater388
    OP

Cheater388 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    What I have tried before you have even thought of it:

deleting the previous save file (that's the first thing I did, knowing that you can't have two files of the same name in one folder)
    I put it in the same folder as the rom (I'm not as stupid as you seem to think I am)
    renaming it into a sav file
    renaming it into a 0 file

I saw that the VBA save file was one half the size of the M3 save file. I theorized that there are two saves in one save file. Unfortunately, that doesn't make sense; I should have gotten the proper (and only) save when I transferred it over because, as I think, VBA only saves once.

As I said, I have removed the previous save when I did this. I also tried it without anything but the rom, save and system folder; that seemed to work. Are you guy's sure that there are not any backup save files somewhere in the system folder?

7. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    Yeah much better thank you [​IMG]

8. Rob_Threat

Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    East Oakland, Califo'nia
    Sakura seems to use a slightly different saving system. ALL of my M3Real GBA saves are useless (named or *.0 or *.sav... r-tards). Sakura seems to save fine as is, but importing old GBA saves seems TSOL. Hopefully, it'll be fixed in the official release.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice