Hardware Sager NP9377 and WD External Drive Problem

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WD My Book is no longer being recognized. I went to Device Manager and it said under "Other Devices" USB Root Hub (xHCI) driver is not installed, code 28... Could that be the reason? How do I fix this? I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit on my Sager NP9377 laptop. Help appreciated
smile.png

Update: Now there is an Unknown Device under Other Devices, lists it as Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller -0100 (Microsoft). I am not sure how to proceed...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If an external drive is no longer being recognised, 90% of the time it is because either the controller of the enclosure has died, or the HDD itself has died. You might want to open up the enclosure and try plugging the HDD directly into a computer to see if it still works.

Also, it could be a simple case of a dirty cable making it not read correctly. Try swapping the cable if you have any spare.

EDIT: And one more thing to try, try plugging it into a different PC. Sometimes it's just corrupt drivers that stops it being read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E