Hacking Question Safest way to use Checkpoint?

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a switch with clean sysnand and dirty emunand. I want to use CFW on my sysnand to extract a save and then inject it afterwards. I understand there is always a risk of ban, but I was told not likely if I use the latest Atmosphere, so my question is what is the safest way? Probably just regular Atmosphere (Not Kosmos) and then what is the safest way to launch Checkpoint? In applet mode by clicking the album? Or regular mode by holding the R button on an eshop game?

roarn20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are still not sure what nintendo counts as a ban but what we know for sure is that if a cfw touches your clean partition no matter what you do, it will definitely log it and nintendo will throw the ban hammer at you, no ifs and or buts. Also using checkpoint either way applet or not I think checkpoint will still work regardless but I don't know about the safety of it though.

zinogri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hey I have a question, how can I transfer a save file from EMUNAND to SYSNAND ? Is it possible ? Thanks

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can use the above methods to get the save, but I would want to inject the save back into the Sysnand. Could I use HacDiscMount to do this? Then restore the nand with the new save already injected? Thank you all for all the replies! :)

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I can use the above methods to get the save, but I would want to inject the save back into the Sysnand. Could I use HacDiscMount to do this? Then restore the nand with the new save already injected?
Did you manage to do this? Still unbanned? I'm in the same situation right now and am really curious about this.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This question will remain coming up quite often and the honest answer is, there are no guarantees. And that even is the case whatever precautions you take.

You should be fine with that if you are doing anything related to 'custom' stuff which the console was not meant to do.
PS: this is not me being annoying in any way..

That said, I have done save transfers from a superbanned switch to an exploitable switch to a ipatched vanilla switch. So yeah it can all be done (it's been months since I have done that) But all I am saying is ... there simply is no real guarantees.

If you are okay with that see the discussion I had on the matter;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transferring-individual-saves.545755/

Reactions: bjaxx87

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you manage to do this? Still unbanned? I'm in the same situation right now and am really curious about this.
Yes, I did end up doing it with Hacdiscmount and Memloader and no I am not banned, but I also did it on Crash Team Racing. Nintendo might be tracking there 1st party games alot more but I dont know for sure

Reactions: bjaxx87

MichaelShawJr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the tutorial I used:

If you have an extra micro sd card with at least 32GB that's the easiest because you won't have to look through all your saves. This isn't required but will make it much easier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1