Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got onto 2.0 but when following the arm9loaderhax I do the SafeA9LHInstaller part but get the error: firm0.bin doesn't exist or has a wrong size.
Thing is the tutorial said delete the a9lh folder and create a new one with the files of release.7z

Post screen of your a9lh folder.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed Hyoretsu's steps with soundhax on 11.2, got thru step 14, but it hung here and I panicked and shut off the 3ds and restarted, it was complete black screen for more than a minute, and nothing would change that. I took out the sd and rebooted and it booted to the home menu (with really messed up colors), so I continued to the dukesrg link and completed that step. however, now the saveAL9H installer v 2.0.3 screen is the only one that will show when I boot with the sd card in, I can press select to update and shutdown successfully, but it reboots right back into the same screen. and unistalling fails at mounting the CTRNAND. any help would be greatly appreciated.
whoa... so much depression in this post...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

whoa... so much depression in this post...
the messed up colors... is 2.1
im not sure what you did but by the sound of it sounds bad.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I followed Hyoretsu's steps with soundhax on 11.2, got thru step 14, but it hung here and I panicked and shut off the 3ds and restarted, it was complete black screen for more than a minute, and nothing would change that. I took out the sd and rebooted and it booted to the home menu (with really messed up colors), so I continued to the dukesrg link and completed that step. however, now the saveAL9H installer v 2.0.3 screen is the only one that will show when I boot with the sd card in, I can press select to update and shutdown successfully, but it reboots right back into the same screen. and unistalling fails at mounting the CTRNAND. any help would be greatly appreciated.
you need to place the arm9loaderhax.bin from luma zip on the root of your sd, instead of the installer arm9loaderhax.bin

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Post screen of your a9lh folder.
upload_2017-1-3_20-3-51.png

Found the missing files but still don't have a otp.bin file

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it says update, you have a9lh. Confirm by pressing START at boot.

ifreedoms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

Requirements: uTorrent or Deluge.

WARNING: If you have a 3DS from a region other than USA, go to the bottom of this post first.

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Totally.

yeah!!!! i am on Decrypt9WIP :D :D

agripa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,
sorry for the repost but :

i've installed menuhax_manger on my new 3DS XL in 11.0.0-33E, could it bring problem ?

thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1