Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bricked my N3DSXL by using SafeA9LHInstaller 1.2.1 to "update" with payload_stage2.bin
Didn't know it needed a full install to work
gonna need to perform a hardmod :ha:
If this is true, then I am SO SO SO glad I read through every page of comments before attempting to update my payload_stage2.

I was just going to put the arm9loaderhax.bin from this on my root and put the payload_stage2.bin in the "a9lh" folder and boot my N3DS.

I am currently on the original release fork, updated with dark_samus3 updater from screen_init.

Reactions: MattKimura

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't need to full install before install the stage2 update O_õ
Can you explain exactly how I would do a full install for this? I already have a9lh with screen_init, but I feel like using this fork with AuRei makes more sense.

Edit: I dont want to mess it up accidentally. Currently I have the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Safea9lhinstaller 1.2.1 and a folder named "a9lh" with the secret_sector.bin, and the firm1/firm0.bins (renamed from the new3ds90/new3ds10.firm files) and have also compiled the dark_samus/aurora fork for the payload_stage1/payload_stage2.bin

Where do i go from here?

Last edited by DQScott95,
D

Deleted User

I have A9Lh installed in my O3DS. And I want to reinstall it with this. Can I load the ".bin" from A9LH? Which one should I choose, full install or stage2 update?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you explain exactly how I would do a full install for this? I already have a9lh with screen_init, but I feel like using this fork with AuRei makes more sense.

You need to compile the files that was said on the OP from the A9LH fork you want, put the files on "a9lh" folder in the SD card and start the A9LH version of this safeA9lh installer

But I never did it, I just installed the stage2 update on my already installed A9LH

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to compile the files that was said on the OP from the A9LH fork you want, put the files on "a9lh" folder in the SD card and start the A9LH version of this safeA9lh installer

But I never did it, I just installed the stage2 update on my already installed A9LH
If I want the full dadvtanages from this, do I just need to update the payload_stage2.bin with this to not have screen_init? Or do I need to also do the payload_stage1 update? Also do I need those other files (firm1/0.bins, secret_sector) to do the stage2 update??

Edit: I am talking about the dark_samus3/Aurora merged github

PedroPVJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

U r giving me hope, i'll try something here

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want the full dadvtanages from this, do I just need to update the payload_stage2.bin with this to not have screen_init? Or do I need to also do the payload_stage1 update? Also do I need those other files (firm1/0.bins, secret_sector) to do the stage2 update??

Its all in the ops instructions, read carefully. For you, you should do a full install.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

If you don't want the screen_init, use the compiled version of stage2 payload of Supster131 on page 2 (He uses the Aurora's A9LH fork)

Last edited by Gray_Jack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them