Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but the installer doesn't look for payload_stage2.bin you need to rename to the file I posted before
It does NOT specify that in the OP... i says payload_stage2.bin (originally "yadayada.bin")

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you have that backwards, just read the op!!! This post will brick if anyone follows it!!!
Also, I edited the original post and flipped it

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does NOT specify that in the OP... i says payload_stage2.bin (originally "yadayada.bin")

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I edited the original post and flipped it
Yes and no, that instruction was unclear to me too, so what I did is I included a copy of payload_stage2.bin and also a copy of stage0x5c0000 (I copied and renamed it, that way no matter what the installer asked for, it would get it)

Last edited by democracy,

PedroPVJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really weird, when I press the power button with the microSD inserted and no arm9loaderhax.bin it does shutdown after a moment

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really weird, when I press the power button with the microSD inserted and no arm9loaderhax.bin it does shutdown after a moment
You might still have a working stage 1, a dev might have the skills to help you, maybe not though. I don't suppose you have latest darksamus or aurora arm9 stage 1 installed do you?

Last edited by democracy,

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might still have a working stage 1, a dev might have the skills to help you, maybe not though. I don't suppose you have latest darksamus or aurora arm9 stage 1 installed do you?
Just thought I'd let you know that the full install of the dark_samus3/Aurora merged fork worked. Auto shutdown with no SD inserted, but I still have screen init, the brightness of the screen_init is a bit lower though I think, so I am pretty sure the full install went off perfectly.

Reactions: democracy

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, I fat fingered the button to do a full install and updated stage2 only instead. System isn't responding now. How boned am I?

Edit: Obviously too late, but I think the installer should have a confirmation prompt to prevent this sort of thing...

Last edited by eightbitminiboss,

PedroPVJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I fat fingered the button to do a full install and updated stage2 only instead. System isn't responding now. How boned am I?
Welcome to the darkness

Looking back I think I have the stage 1 from before screen init was possible

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

Edit: Obviously too late, but I think the installer should have a confirmation prompt to prevent this sort of thing...

Very, I guess, with A9LH mess up, you probably have no way (than hardmod) to restore your NAND

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the darkness

Looking back I think I have the stage 1 from before screen init was possible
My reason for that question is the latest arm9 from aurora support loading payload holding home which is a stage 1 feature, helpful to recover the stage 2 if bricked.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As great as @Aurora Wright safea9lhinstaller is (and it is far and away the best installer), I would use it primarily for full installs (people installing A9LH for the first time). If you already have a working A9LH installed it is never a good idea to change it as you see people who had a working A9LH (due to user error) now are bricked. This and there really haven't been any big advancements since arm9loaderhax was released. I say this as @Aurora Wright updated AuReiNand to work with both screen init and non screen init A9LH installs. So for your own safety stay on your working A9LH installs and wait for a big advancement in A9LH before making any unecessary changes. Sorry to anyone who bricked and if you did help persuade others to not tinker with A9LH just because they can.

Reactions: Nikolay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)