Safe to update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Chaossaturn, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Chaossaturn
    OP

Chaossaturn ローレンス

Jan 22, 2007
    Don't care about vWii but do care about future Wii U mode hacks, is it safe to update to latest firmware? I am guessing that when future hacks do come out, there will use the latest firmware, so am I good to go?

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Its safe. An fof member said so on wiiudev irc.

3. Chaossaturn
    OP

Chaossaturn ローレンス

Jan 22, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the help, I will update and enjoy monster hunter DLC :)

4. nitr8

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I don't get the point of this...

Why do you refer to some member of the Fail0verflow team and their statement that "updating the Wii U's firmware would be safe"?

No one of them said what kind of exploit they may have used. They may have an exploit that is safe. But no one ever said that Fail0verflow is going to release any kind of information on what exact exploit that is.

Maybe they don't release anything. Why even should they...? They have no reason to do that. The side effect of releasing such is also ineffective as we all know. I prefer to stay away from updating the Wii U's firmware.

Btw i like the way how companies like Sony and Nintendo call their bug / exploit fixing "improving user experience and system stability". Come on guys: don't tell me you are that credent...