Hacking Safe to update?

Chaossaturn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't care about vWii but do care about future Wii U mode hacks, is it safe to update to latest firmware? I am guessing that when future hacks do come out, there will use the latest firmware, so am I good to go?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Don't care about vWii but do care about future Wii U mode hacks, is it safe to update to latest firmware? I am guessing that when future hacks do come out, there will use the latest firmware, so am I good to go?
Its safe. An fof member said so on wiiudev irc.

nitr8

Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its safe. An fof member said so on wiiudev irc.

I don't get the point of this...

Why do you refer to some member of the Fail0verflow team and their statement that "updating the Wii U's firmware would be safe"?

No one of them said what kind of exploit they may have used. They may have an exploit that is safe. But no one ever said that Fail0verflow is going to release any kind of information on what exact exploit that is.

Maybe they don't release anything. Why even should they...? They have no reason to do that. The side effect of releasing such is also ineffective as we all know. I prefer to stay away from updating the Wii U's firmware.

Btw i like the way how companies like Sony and Nintendo call their bug / exploit fixing "improving user experience and system stability". Come on guys: don't tell me you are that credent...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol