Hacking Safe to Change Wii Shop Region?

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Basically I'm on 4.1 EU, and really want to change the region of my Wii Shop Channel to US. I went to WiiBrew to download/find the link to download AnyRegion Changer and I saw the important info tab:

QUOTE said:
The latest update to the shop channel BREAKS SHOP COUNTRY REGION CHANGING! Be warned that your Wii may be stuck in a certain region for the shop for the time being.

Am I safe to change the region of my Wii Shop Channel without risking error? I haven't gone on the channel since the 3.x days if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian.

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So basically it's a high chance of failing, but theres nothing wrong with trying?
EDIT: Oh, and is there any other way of changing the region of the Wii Shop Channel?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Why change the shop channels region in the first place? It just seems stupid to me if there is obvious risks involved, and very little benefit for doing so. But its your Wii so take any risk you feel comfortable with. And as far as I know there isn't any other method for changing the shop channel's region.

harrypmgaga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what you mean. I've read somewhere else that there's no problem with 4.1EU after wiping you Wii Shop account. So I'll give it a go and if the worst happens, I've always got my restore on the BootMii.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deleting your shop account will delete rights to any channels you might have bought (and probably the channels themselves). If you wipe the account and region changing fails, I'm not sure if a bootmii restore could un-delete the account

Also, be sure that bootmii backup was made with 0.2. If you use 0.3 to make a dump, you'll find it won't restore (says its from another wii).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu