Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank AHP_person for his contribution in getting rxTools to become open source! I have a feeling this would of happen a lot later if ever without his contribution. :grog:

Reactions: coolfuze

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AHP_person So, you came up with the patch to make AGB/DSi titles work in emuNAND, right? Can you explain the differences in the patches between the SSB/MH4 patch set and the AGB/DSi patch set? I'm curious as to whether they can be adapted into the now-open-sourced rxTools, perhaps as a separate menu option (I realize the reboot modifications mean it'll probably never work for both at once)

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AHP_person So, you came up with the patch to make AGB/DSi titles work in emuNAND, right? Can you explain the differences in the patches between the SSB/MH4 patch set and the AGB/DSi patch set? I'm curious as to whether they can be adapted into the now-open-sourced rxTools, perhaps as a separate menu option (I realize the reboot modifications mean it'll probably never work for both at once)
I just deleted two patches and gba/dsi worked. It's really that simple.

Reactions: SLiV3R

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is it possible to make GBA/DSi games work on official rxTools 2.5.2? If positive, pls tell me what I should do. Thanks in advance.
I've just updated rxTools on my o3DS to 2.5.2 and having black screen every time I launch DSiWare.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is it possible to make GBA/DSi games work on official rxTools 2.5.2? If positive, pls tell me what I should do. Thanks in advance.
I've just updated rxTools on my o3DS to 2.5.2 and having black screen every time I launch DSiWare.
Launch rxtools in dev mode and dsiware and gba should work.

Reactions: uqbn

Stinkerbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, here's how you can do any of this through mset:

1. Pick whether you want to boot a (Gateway-encrypted) Launcher.dat or rxTools.dat and grab the appropriate code.bin - or both.
1a. code.bin for Launcher.dat's: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=47753777289998764895
1b. code.bin for rxTools: http://filetrip.net/dl?YMiN8kg7dh
2. Put whichever code.bin on the root of your SD card, or grab both and name one something like rxcode.bin and the other gwcode.bin
3. Put the SD card back in the 3DS
4. Clear your 3DS internet browser history and cookies
5. Point your 3DS browser at http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&code.bin (you can change the "&code.bin" part to the name of each code.bin, i.e. &rxcode.bin or &gwcode.bin, I made bookmarks for each)
6. Wait for the browser to crash (should give a "Please save what you were doing and restart" message)

You now have mset installed for whichever thing you want - the rxTools code.bin will launch rxTools.dat, and the Launcher.dat code.bin will launch any Gateway-encrypted launcher.dat (that is, if something gives you a Launcher.dat and a Launcher_GW.dat you're gonna need the Launcher_GW.dat renamed to Launcher.dat)

NOTE: If you followed those tweaks a few pages back to insert the slot0x25KeyX.bin into rxTools.dat, you can't use that modified copy with this, it won't boot. I'm SO glad that was brought up, because otherwise I'd still be puzzling that out, hahah

hey Jaitsu, i have one problem ...
i have a o3DS with sysnand 4.5 ...
so i want to start rxtools without internet
i made on my SD card the rxToos.dat and the code.bin
than i point my 3ds browser to your no-ip internetadress
by browser crashes after finishing this .. but how can i start the "rxtools" / my emuNAND without internet connecion?
please help me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: lemme ask in forums