Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Since this thing is supposed to work with dsiware, has _anyone_ gotten it to work like at all? Does it _only_ work with the browser exploit or something?

I keep getting the damned "an errorhas occurred".

I am using emunand as I hate installing anything to sysnand unless absolutely required.
It's absolutely required to have the DSiWare/GBA game installed in SysNAND in order to make it work from EmuNAND.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, thanks to zoogie and his tool, we may found a way to install FBI on a 2DS (It's also useful for O3DS if you don't want to do the whole cfw process) :

Edit : Seems like it doesn't work on 9.0-9.2. :(

Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/fbi-injection-v12/

1. Use the gateway launcher.dat to create your emunand (format emunand, backup your sd card content first
2. Setup rxTools : http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto (replace the rxTools.dat with one of the patched one)
3. Use rxTools to get your nand xorpad (Decryption Options -> Generate fat16 Xorpad). Put it on the FBI injection folder
4. Open emunand tool, choose extract emunand then choose the FBI injection folder for the destination
5. Execute decrypt.bat
6. Open WinImage.
7. Drag and drop the emuNAND.fat16.bin on the program then click on OK
8. Go to title/0040010/00022300/content for a EU console or title/0040010/00021300/content for US one.
9. Execute the MAKE_FBI_NCCH which match your console region. It will generate a 0000000X.app file. If needed, rename it to match the 0000000X.app in the content folder.
10. Delete the 0000000X.app from the content folder.
11. Click on Image->Inject then choose your own 0000000X.app.
12. Save and close WinImage.
13. Execute reencrypt.bat
14. Restore your emunand with emunand tool.
15. Boot on the emunand with rxTools. Select Health & Safety app. FBI should boot instead. :)
16. If you're on 4.X, install another CIA installer from it before updating your emunand, because the update will restore the original Health & Safety app.

Tested it on a 4.2 O3DS and it works fine, so it should work on a 2DS too. :)
Alright, thanks to zoogie and his tool, we may found a way to install FBI on a 2DS (It's also useful for O3DS if you don't want to do the whole cfw process) :

Edit : Seems like it doesn't work on 9.0-9.2. :(

Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/fbi-injection-v12/

1. Use the gateway launcher.dat to create your emunand (format emunand, backup your sd card content first
2. Setup rxTools : http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto (replace the rxTools.dat with one of the patched one)
3. Use rxTools to get your nand xorpad (Decryption Options -> Generate fat16 Xorpad). Put it on the FBI injection folder
4. Open emunand tool, choose extract emunand then choose the FBI injection folder for the destination
5. Execute decrypt.bat
6. Open WinImage.
8. Go to title/0040010/00022300/content for a EU console or title/0040010/00021300/content for US one.
9. Execute the MAKE_FBI_NCCH which match your console region. It will generate a 0000000X.app file. If needed, rename it to match the 0000000X.app in the content folder.
10. Delete the 0000000X.app from the content folder.
11. Click on Image->Inject then choose your own 0000000X.app.
12. Save and close WinImage.
13. Execute reencrypt.bat
14. Restore your emunand with emunand tool.
15. Boot on the emunand with rxTools. Select Health & Safety app. FBI should boot instead. :)
16. If you're on 4.X, install another CIA installer from it before updating your emunand, because the update will restore the original Health & Safety app.

Thanks, the revised download pack worked perfectly

Reactions: samiam144

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making those are somewhat exhausting for me.. and I don't have US testers.

If all you need is someone to inject that into a 9.8 emuNAND and see if it successfully replaces the Health and Safety app, I could give it a shot for you. Whenever you've got the time.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: samiam144

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's absolutely required to have the DSiWare/GBA game installed in SysNAND in order to make it work from EmuNAND.
the fuck? Then what's the point ofeven using emunand then? I thought the whole damned reason for using emunand was so that you _didn't_ have to use sysnand. So Ihave to install it in _both_ places. Seriously?

What's the piont of emunand if you can't use it to save writes on your nand. I see no real point ni it at all if you have to install each and every damned game on sysnand to use it in emunand. Emunand is supposed to be just that, completely redirecting reads/writes to t instead of sysnand. Why would rxtools even be touching sysnand?

Reactions: SirByte

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried two times (to be sure I didn't upload the wrong files) and it worked, you must have done something wrong. (or you didn't follow the new guide)

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
the fuck? Then what's the point ofeven using emunand then? I thought the whole damned reason for using emunand was so that you _didn't_ have to use sysnand. So Ihave to install it in _both_ places. Seriously?

What's the piont of emunand if you can't use it to save writes on your nand. I see no real point ni it at all if you have to install each and every damned game on sysnand to use it in emunand. Emunand is supposed to be just that, completely redirecting reads/writes to t instead of sysnand. Why would rxtools even be touching sysnand?
That's just how it works, when loading DSiWare or GBA the console has to reboot and switch from native_firm (3DS) to agb_firm for GBA or twl_firm for DSiWare, in that process the console lose its emunand access I guess. Your options are doing that or having both NANDs linked.

Last edited by Garro,

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i wish it'd give me the option of having a link to what'son sysnandor something similar so that iwouldn't have to waste time installing the game(again) and taking up even more space. Does rx allow you to boot notinto emunand from the main menu? If so then I might be able to do this without having a seperate sd card.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you follow this process, then install a different installer like DevMenu/BBM, and then re-install the real Health and Safety App? And then write the emuNAND image to sysNAND?

Works up to 9.8 (emunand) for EU and JP consoles :
Works up to 8.1 for US consoles :

Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/fbi-injection-13/

2. Setup rxTools : http://www.rxtools.net/#!howto (replace the rxTools.dat with one of the patched one). If you have an EU or JP console, update your emunand now.
5. Execute decrypt.bat
6. Open WinImage.
8. Go to title/0040010/00022300/content for a EU console, title/0040010/00021300/content for a US one, and title/0040010/00020300/content for a JP one.
9. For EU and JP consoles :
- Delete the *.app and the *.tmp from the content folder.
- Click on Image->Inject then choose the *.app in the content_region folder.
- Same process for the *.tmd file
For US consoles :
- Go to the content_US folder
- If needed, rename the *.app to match the one in the title/0040010/00021300/content folder
- Delete the *.app from the content folder. (in WinImage)
- Click on Image->Inject then choose the *.app in the content_USA folder.
10. Save and close WinImage.
11. Execute reencrypt.bat
12. Restore your emunand with emunand tool.
13. Boot on the emunand with rxTools. Select Health & Safety app. FBI should boot instead. :)
14. If you have an US console, install another CIA installer from it (because the update will restore the original Health & Safety app) then update your emunand.

A big thanks to @zoogie for the original method and @Riku for making it work on 9.0-9.8 (emunand) on JP and EU consoles. :)

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offtopic: Does anyone know how to update a New3DS 9.0 to 9.2? Do I just go into PastaCFW and then use sysupdater? Also, is it possible to include the 9.3 home menu so that I can have the amiibo settings while still in 9.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released