Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably been asked 8 billion times but:

Can it play every GBA title or just the ambassador ones?

Ompet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Copy the contents of your SD card to a safeplace.
2) then using the gateway launcher, create an emunand
3) then copy the back contents of the SD back to the SD
4) boot into emunand via rxtools
5) update emunand
6) enjoy

Edit:
Sm4sh does not work on pasta, your sysnand version is not the reason.
Just use the sm4sh compatible rxtools.dat from the OP and follow the above steps

Thank you very much, it worked like a charm! :)

One more question to this thread! Are there any 3dsx file to launch this, so I could run it through Ninjhax when I'm at my summer house?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So a friend of mine wants to downgrade to install rxTools, but there's a thing: she doesn't want to lose some save files from eshop games she has. What would be the best way around this? I was thinking about:

- Backing up her NAND and SD card contents
- Downgrading the console
- Formatting an emunand
- Injecting her original NAND backup onto her emunand and restore SD card contents

Can anyone confirm if this would work? Would the save files be preserved?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was thinking. The only reason I've not been using gba games in my 3ds is because I would have to switch back and forth between the version of rxtools that support smash and the gba version in my SD card.

People have asked about creating a menu to select if you want to use the smash/mh4 patch or not but they said it wasn't possible at the moment.

But what if, instead of modifying rxtools itself, someone host a website identical to launch.rxtools.net/rxtools but instead of looking for rxtools.dat the site looks for rxtools_gba.dat? That way we can have both versions in our SD card and it would only be a matter of choosing the right website

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok kinda off topic but i need to know fast
just what data does the "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\private" folder contain ?

its related to an emunand experiment i'm trying out.

and how is it shared between 2 unlinked nands ?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So a friend of mine wants to downgrade to install rxTools, but there's a thing: she doesn't want to lose some save files from eshop games she has. What would be the best way around this? I was thinking about:

- Backing up her NAND and SD card contents
- Downgrading the console
- Formatting an emunand
- Injecting her original NAND backup onto her emunand and restore SD card contents

Can anyone confirm if this would work? Would the save files be preserved?
Unless I missed something, that wouldn't work. It's because even though you may have the right system version on your emunand, it still uses the same save encryption as your real nand. At least, that's how gateway works. If rxtools fixed that then it would be that easy.

However, many games that were released with 4.x encryption don't use the new encryption, so their saves will be retained even if you downgrade. Ex: animal crossing

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unless I missed something, that wouldn't work. It's because even though you may have the right system version on your emunand, it still uses the same save encryption as your real nand. At least, that's how gateway works. If rxtools fixed that then it would be that easy.
Thanks for the reply. Well, rxTools supports keyX for 7.x while GW doesn't, so I thought it should work. But all of her games use 4.x save encryption I think so it should be fine then right?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. Well, rxTools supports keyX for 7.x while GW doesn't, so I thought it should work. But all of her games use 4.x save encryption I think so it should be fine then right?
I'm kinda reluctant now because it's eshop games right? In my case, I downgraded my friends 3ds and their acnl save was okay, but it was a retail cartridge. You can try what you said earlier, and if it doesn't work out, restore your backup and then the SD contents (just in case it erased any saves from your SD when you test it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: indeed