Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the reply. Well, rxTools supports keyX for 7.x while GW doesn't, so I thought it should work. But all of her games use 4.x save encryption I think so it should be fine then right?
the 7.x key is unrelated to saves, thats for rom encryption, and gateway has supported 7.x rom encryption for a long time........the saves issue is down to 6.x save encryption, and nobody supports that atm without the console being on 6.x+ sysnand

PS all eshop games use a different style of save encryption (basically SD card console unique encryption, so as long as the save is on the same console its good to go), completely bypassing the 6.x encryption, its only retail cards that use 6.x save encryption

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS all eshop games use a different style of save encryption (basically SD card console unique encryption, so as long as the save is on the same console its good to go), completely bypassing the 6.x encryption, its only retail cards that use 6.x save encryption
So in other words, the saves will be fine if he/she downgrades?

Edit: nvm, saw you edited your post

someone managed to get blargsnes with rxtools? I just got black screen.

There are NES cias floating around, haven't tried them but I guess everyone is just using those

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So in other words, the saves will be fine if he/she downgrades?

Edit: nvm, saw you edited your post

There are NES cias floating around, haven't tried them but I guess everyone is just using those

I was talking about the SNES emulator, I installed it using BBM and gives me a black screen, and then freezes, needs hard reboot of the console.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you!

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was talking about the SNES emulator, I installed it using BBM and gives me a black screen, and then freezes, needs hard reboot of the console.
I know, I'm just saying that maybe people aren't using it because the 3ds can play nes games natively through cias

Oh I'm having a brain fart, I'm thinking of NES and didn't realize you were saying SNES lol

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know, I'm just saying that maybe people aren't using it because the 3ds can play nes games natively through cias

Oh I'm having a brain fart, I'm thinking of NES and didn't realize you were saying SNES lol

No worries, I would love to play some SNES games, but still can't figure what is wrong.

Girouette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran into a pretty bad issue.

It was working fine, until I went into system settings and changed my touchscreen calibration.

I was in emunand, went to settings (rx-e mode was in the settings ) and changed them, then exited settings, which seemed to kick me back to sysnand, but when I went back into the DS profile to boot back into emunand it crashed and rebooted, now whenever I go into it it says an error has occurred and the system needs to restart.

Running sysnand version 4.2 on an O3DS, any help would be great.

NEVERMIND, looks like the MSET exploit just got messed up, reinstalling it fixed the issue.

Last edited by Girouette,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you probably need to find a new version. The method you're using doesn't support stuff built with a 0 encryption key.
Oh well, that makes sense, I installed latest version (1.3 I guess) the only way is to ask staplebutter to make a new .cia, but I don't think he is working on it anymore :(.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to boot into sysnand with rxTools and use the cia manager I got installed on it? I heard about RX-S mode around. How do I do that?

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm setup on the latest emunand. How do i backup my games or run other region cia's?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Someone managed t o get smash bros working? Mine always reboot the 3DS to SYSNAND when I launch it
I had a legit copy installed when i converted my rednand to emunand, it only crashes to sysnand when i close the game.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I had a legit copy installed when i converted my rednand to emunand, it only crashes to sysnand when i close the game.
You should be able to avoid falling back into sysnand by opening another game/app in the home menu. Then you can close the other game normally.

Reactions: coolfuze

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there ever be a way to have both GBA and SSB3D supported without having to switch out the rxTools.dat?

Other Issues:
Consistent crashes: Cashes when exiting microSD Manager
Random crashes: Black screen when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI