Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@AHP_person Is it possible to modify both versions of rxTools.dat so that they become compatible with the MSET exploit used by Gateway? That will allow booting via the same MSET-exploited DS profile (but each on their own SD Card): your standard Gateway EmuNAND, Pasta and rxTools. Right now I have the luxury of having both GW and Pasta that I can swap between at will without having to bother installing a specific MSET exploit, or worse, a CN QR-code, and it'd be cool to have RxTools as well (having another spare 4GB SD card laying around).

I don't care if it means you have to have both a renamed .dat file (Launcher.dat because that is what the MSET expects) and an RxTools.dat file on your SD card; they're tiny anyway.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not go out of the way and brick one of your copys with power saves and test it it would be faster to do it that way and if you can not fix it you still have the cart so you can legily have the rom file
I want to keep my Physical Copy of Pokemon X not bricked so I'm not going to recklessly brick my game for research. I do want some kind of hope for others who have bricked copies of Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire it's an option. Plus if this a fix it would be great!

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to keep my Physical Copy of Pokemon X not bricked so I'm not going to recklessly brick my game for research. I do want some kind of hope for others who have bricked copies of Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire it's an option. Plus if this a fix it would be great!

But you seriously think that someone will send you away his copy of ORASXY for a thing he can try himself ?

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I can get the stuff for a nand mod on my 3DS I will test it my self if no one has by the time i do it.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you seriously think that someone will send you away his copy of ORASXY for a thing he can try himself ?
Oh okay looks like I won't do any research then. Looks like nobody will ever know just I'm trying to help out others. Did you read my post? "I want to keep my Physical Copy of Pokemon X not bricked so I'm not going to recklessly brick my game for research." If people are desperate to do so and if it's just sitting in a case doing nothing wasted $40 on a game people might consider. It's an option I will send the game back if Succeeded or Failed.

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I have a big worry, since I've been on this version of rxtools, I can not cast my gba games CIA format, even using the version supporting Gba games I installed the patch on the emunand, but I run a game I get an error and restarts the console.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello everyone, I have a big worry, since I've been on this version of rxtools, I can not cast my gba games CIA format, even using the version supporting Gba games I installed the patch on the emunand, but I run a game I get an error and restarts the console.

Are you trying to run custom GBA games? You need to patch the AGB FIRM before...

Reactions: Margen67

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have patched AGB FIRM befor installing my CIA game, i have tried with other games and it won't work

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHP_person, I tried to load rxTool2.dat, but it gave an error message and the browser closed :(

Edit: Is this for 9.2: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadROP4.dat&rxTool2.dat?
Did you make sure to clear cookies and history? I can make a separate page if it's really not working.

@AHP_person Is it possible to modify both versions of rxTools.dat so that they become compatible with the MSET exploit used by Gateway? That will allow booting via the same MSET-exploited DS profile (but each on their own SD Card): your standard Gateway EmuNAND, Pasta and rxTools. Right now I have the luxury of having both GW and Pasta that I can swap between at will without having to bother installing a specific MSET exploit, or worse, a CN QR-code, and it'd be cool to have RxTools as well (having another spare 4GB SD card laying around).

I don't care if it means you have to have both a renamed .dat file (Launcher.dat because that is what the MSET expects) and an RxTools.dat file on your SD card; they're tiny anyway.
No, not that I know of.

What the hell is wrong with my 3ds??? Tomodachi Life EUR doesn't work with Palantine, Pasta, or rxtools!
Other people even said it worked for them, what am I doing wrong?
Make sure the CIA itself is valid, try getting one from cdn, or building it yourself.

Reactions: Margen67 and leerz

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to install AGB_FIRM patch into emunand?

All my GBA games works with pasta CFW in 4.5 but with rxtools 9.8 all gba games does not work

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got everything up and running with no issues! Quick question though. I've installed some of my DSi stuff onto Sysnand, and then formated emuNAND so they'd appear on that as well. If I format sysnand now to unlink my nands will my DSi games disappear as well? Thanks in advance.

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got everything up and running with no issues! Quick question though. I've installed some of my DSi stuff onto Sysnand, and then formated emuNAND so they'd appear on that as well. If I format sysnand now to unlink my nands will my DSi games disappear as well? Thanks in advance.
Assuming the DSiWare titles were installed before creating emunand, they won't disappear, but it's possible they won't boot anymore. DSi Titles work, but not properly.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Assuming the DSiWare titles were installed before creating emunand, they won't disappear, but it's possible they won't boot anymore. DSi Titles work, but not properly.
Yeah, that's what I did - made sure to format emunand after I installed them. I guess I'll give make a nand backup, give it a shot and report. If anything goes wrong I'll just restore it. Thanks for the help AHP - you're the goddamn best.

HoboKen95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure to clear cookies and history? I can make a separate page if it's really not working.

No, not that I know of.

Make sure the CIA itself is valid, try getting one from cdn, or building it yourself.
how would I get one from cdn, or build one?

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHP_person, I still get the same error message :/
Ok, I modified the output from https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/page-14#post-5434311 to load rxTool2.dat instead from mset. I've attached the modified code.bin. If it doesn't work through mset, I dunno what else to try.
how would I get one from cdn, or build one?
There are tutorials here on GBATemp, I think. I remember there being a 3ds to CIA converter somewhere.

Attachments

• code.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Margen67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/hgGA3axH1ec?si=NzHnqwUkhZJr8eqi