Hacking Rxtools v2.6 to 3.0 Beta 2 Help

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to update to the latest version?

I attempted to update but it stays on 2.6 reguardless of what I do. I replaced the files in hope that it would update but no dice. So I reverted back to the old files because I gave up but I really want to be on the latest version. Please help?

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The old RxTools is an extremely outdated CFW.

It is strongly recommended to update to a newer CFW such as Luma3DS for additional, up-to-date features.
Start from this popular guide; you can also optionally install Arm9LoaderHax too: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Will it wipe my 3ds if I follow this guide? That's something i'm afraid of going through with..

D

Deleted User

Will it wipe my 3ds if I follow this guide? That's something i'm afraid of going through with..
If you already have an EmuNAND set up, I reckon you would be able to get away without wiping anything. You can just set up the Luma files on your SD card and everything should work.

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I had to do any formatting/wiping when I jumped from RxTools to Luma.

If you're setting up A9LH, I think you may have to do a bit of formatting. Or maybe that was in the old Plailect Guide... I'm a little behind in the 3DS scene as of late. :P

Last edited by ,

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Going through the procedure now. I guess it's the same as when I installed Rxtools with a little extra steps. Thanks guys :D

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm following @Temptress Cerise's guide. Pretty straight forward. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/ I've already backed up. :) Almost there!
No idea why you're following that guide if you want to install a9lh+luma ? just access your sysnand > Homebrew launcher via the web browser >start decrypt9wip and do the CTRtransfer , at the end of the guide and if anything done correctly you will have luma and a9lh set up

Shah Isah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I successfully installed Luma3ds cfw. But my games on emunand have dissapeared...Not a big deal. But how do I know that I have A9LH installed? i have the payload on root

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Which guide did you follow, the Plailect one?
If so just start your 3ds while holding start, you should see the hourglass menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr