Hacking rxTools 2.6, H&S possible error, looking for advice.

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I'm completely new to modding my 3ds. I asked on reddit what I shouldd do, and I was told to run CFW by installing gateway and rxTools 2.6.

Unfortunately, once I have to inject FBI I am met with this error http://i.imgur.com/Uy4Wjp9.jpg - I'm sure my H&S is installed on my console as you can see here

My console is ver. 8.0.0-18E.

Is there anyone who met this problem before, or know how I proceed? Thanks in advance.

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my emunand to 10.1. I can go onto launch.rxtools.net from my systemnand to acces emunand, but once I am on emunand (10.1) I can no longer acces launch.rxtools.net. I dont know if this has anything to say, I'm just giving as much info as I can. The problem still persists. :(

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should consider to use the latest nightly version of rxTools instead of 2.6
And you will probably get better info by checking its thread.

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my emunand to 10.1. I can go onto launch.rxtools.net from my systemnand to acces emunand, but once I am on emunand (10.1) I can no longer acces launch.rxtools.net. I dont know if this has anything to say, I'm just giving as much info as I can. The problem still persists. :(

Latest nightlies for rxtools is here http://lavanoid.no-ip.org/

Reactions: lemanuel

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using the nightlies build now. The menu is very different. What do I do in this menu? I can launch emunand fine, but if I go to inject and press "inject emunand" it tells me "processing emuNAND Press A to continue" - Pressing A closes it. Not sure how to proceed with this. Looked through the folder, not much guidance.

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you want to do ? Don't use the injection options if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm trying to get my o3ds to play ROMs, haha. Sorry, I've been reading so much today that I'm just in my own bubble at this point with all the new info I'm getting everywhere.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have an EU console
Update your emunand if you haven't done it yet.
Go the \release\Tools\fbi_injection\eur\v3077 folder. Copy the tmd and app file on your sd card root.
In the rxTools menu, select Advanced Options -> Install FBI -> Emunand.

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, Im installing FBI (injecting now) - Still says "Completed! Region: Europe - Missing health & safety info. A to continue" so pretty much same as on old rxtools. Any clue? :(

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get my o3ds to play ROMs, haha. Sorry, I've been reading so much today that I'm just in my own bubble at this point with all the new info I'm getting everywhere.
I know how you feel - when I first installed rxTools (my first experience of CFW's) I was on it for 24hrs straight... most of that time spent ploughing through threads on these forums.

Slightly off topic, and not really related to OPs issues; I'm still running rx2.6 - can I upgrade by simply copying the relevant files to my mSD or do I need to create a new emunand?

edit
On topic. I had a similar issue with H&S app - in my case the icon just vanished from the home menu. I resorted to restoring my sysnand backup and making sure my nands weren't linked. This allowed me to do the FBI injection. Although now the H&S app only shows up on my sysnand if I access it via rxmode.

Last edited by duwen,

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an EU console
Update your emunand if you haven't done it yet.
Go the \release\Tools\fbi_injection\eur\v3077 folder. Copy the tmd and app file on your sd card root.
In the rxTools menu, select Advanced Options -> Install FBI -> Emunand.

Emunand version is 10.1.0-27E
I copied those files to the root, went to the menu with same result. "Missing health & safety info!"

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try to inject it into your sysnand?

Yup, same error. This is the problem I've had all along. The Health & safety is on my homescreen, I can open it and access the files within it - But inside the FBI injection it just can't see it. Googling didn't give me much help. Seems I'm like the 1% with this error.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, your only other option is to downgrade your console then follow the old pasta mset tutorial to install in your sysnand :

Pasta tutorials :
- With CN : https://gbatemp.net/threads/pasta-c...d-on-old-and-new-3ds-required-ninjhax.388925/
- With MSET (4.X only) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pasta-cfw-without-cubic-ninja-mset-4-x-old3ds.389498/ (If you have an old3ds -non 2ds- on 5.1-9.2 you can backup your sysnand, downgrade it, setup pasta, switch to rxtools, then restore your nand backup if you want)
Nand backup : get the last gateway launcher.dat from their site, put it on your sd card, open your browser, go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ then choose the backup nand option.
Downgrade tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/
1. If you have a ds flashcart : Just execute the gw_installer (you can find it on the gateway site) with it and follow the instructions
2. If you don't have one (your last firmware digit must be 7 or more to use this) :
- Download the code.bin and put in your sd card root
- Scan this qrcode :
1434033156-generate.png

- In the browser, wait until you see the bottom screen "flashes" then perform an hard shutdown your console.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having this exact error with my N3DS. rxTools is unable to detect the H&S app in my emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-