Hacking Running GBA roms with Acekard2i (AKAIO) and EZ Flash V 3 in 1

seabass101dg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've ordered an Acekard 2i and EZ Flash V 3 in 1, and I'd like to know how to run GBA roms on these on my DSLite.

I have the root folder for the micro SD set up with AKAIO and the nds roms but I can't find how to run some GBA roms.

I'm completely new to this stuff so if you could please guide me through it I would really appreciate it.

Or just link me to a guide if it already exists.

Thanks a lot.

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The setup of it is not necessary but it does help, all you have to do to run the GBA games is having the 3-in-1 inserted and the ROM in any place of your memory, if the 3-in-1 is detected the ROMs will show. Take into account there are a few problematic ROMs ( Like Pokemon emerald) that have to be patched. The compatibility list can be found in the ezflash subforum, also, it'd be of great help if you may tell the ROMs you are having trouble with.

As for the setup, setting up the NOR flashing mode, which saves your ROM into non-volatile memory. AKAIO has Auto by default, which saves the relatively small roms into volatile memory ( so when you turn off your dslite the ROM is lost), or you can set it to always, it's way slower but you can turn off the DS and the game will stay for the next time you turn it back on.

The other two settings you may want to change is the save backup and prompt before save/load. You can find more of this doing a search query on the forums and the AKAIO/3-in-1 Wiki.

Invghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like James said some games need to be patched.

Also games that are 32 MB need to be flashed onto the 3 in 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel