OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've never tried of Runefactory! D:
What's the game about? I looked around on IGN and Gamespot.
It's like fighting and harvest moon?

Also, Which is better, Runfactory 1 or 2?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, please rate the game(s) out of ten! Ty. (:

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory is pretty much a Harvest Moon game with Dungeon Crawler parts, it even has the "A Fantasy Harvest Moon" in the first games title. Its also a lot better series than the HM that we've had in the last 10 years.

Its hard to say which RF game is better to be honest with you.

monkeyice737

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i liked runefactory
ive played both 1 and 2 and have yet to play the wii version

the first one almost instantly pushes you into the storyline
while in the seconed one you have to wait untill you woo the girl, buy a school, get married and eventuially have a kid(you may choose to play as boy or girl), you then become the kid and the story begins

runefactory 1 (8/10) [over all liked the game]
runefactory 2 (6/10) [game was nice but the acctuall story took so long to start i was tired of the game before i ever got into the story]
runefactory wii (?/10) [i havent played it yet, but it looks cool]

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Rune Factories are great games, I didn't like HM but when I tried RF I like it because the gameplay is action RPG (like Zelda), the graphics is good, and the girls are pretty
laugh.gif

RF 1 8/10
RF 2 7/10

I suggest you play RF 1 before RF 2, enjoy
smile.gif

Exbaddude

The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShinRyouma said:
Rune Factories are great games, I didn't like HM but when I tried RF I like it because the gameplay is action RPG (like Zelda), the graphics is good, and the girls are pretty
laugh.gif

RF 1 8/10
RF 2 7/10

I suggest you play RF 1 before RF 2, enjoy
smile.gif
Why was 2 rated lower? :/

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
rune factory 2 have a giant twist after some time (no spoiler by now...), where the story "really starts"... but it can take forever, and before you make it happen, you will only have 30% of the game content avaliable

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Exbaddude said:
Why was 2 rated lower? :/
Well, RF 2 continues to the child of the main hero, while RF 1 stop to the main hero, but somehow I like RF1 better than RF2, I don't know why I can't explain, sorry. Why don't you try them out, doesn't matter if you want to play RF2 first.

Hidoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow am I the only one who really hates RF?
I loved harvest moon (gba version is the best), but RF really adds nothing good. In RF you're not a farmer anymore, but you're just constantly fighting, since that's the only part the designers really focussed on. And the fighting isn't that in depts IMO. There are way better fighting games out there.

RF 1 or 2, I'd say 2 since that has a boost of graphics. And the second version of games are always better than first version (with exceptions).

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
RF3 forces you to farm. And it has aspects of farming that should be put in every single HM game released after it. (When you put items on the floor they don't disappear, you can carry stacks of 9 same items, MUCH MUCH easier to harvest)

I'd rate them:

RF1 - 7/10
Characters are nice, but this game has a ton of glitches. Plus you can get through the main storyline just by mining, no farming is needed at all. Which kinda takes away from the Harvest Moon part.

RF2 - 8/10
Characters look a little younger, farming is more mixed in with the storyline. Anfd the whole part 1 part 2 thing is nice too. (Though I would've liked to be able to do more things with Kyle)

RF3 - 9/10
The young people characters all look like children. (Mais is a freaking 10 year old girl I tell you.) Storyline is a little short too, but it is in all very nice and different.
Characters are very adorable, and have a lot of life to them.
You can see characters walking around the maps and can check where they are. This gives a whole lot more life to the town.
Otherwise, if you remove the fighting aspects, this is what a Harvest Moon game should be like.

I would suggest playing them in order, to be able to appreciate the nice changes made in the sequels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack