OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi people,

I dunno where to put this thread into.. so anyway, I am really new to Wii but I'll do my best to present you the problem. So here it is.. While I was playing Rune Factory: Frontier and whenever I talk to this person named Kanno (apparently this person is included in the story) the game halt and the following appears on the screen:

"The game disc could not be read.
Refer to the wii operations manual for details.
"

Data you might need:
Using hardmodded wii (I dunno what type of chip is used because it's my cousins)
Used Maxell DVD+R 16x
Used ImgBurn

So any idea how it happens and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
-TheDestroyer

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
TheDestroyer said:
can i use memorex DVD-R?
no their even worse
tongue.gif

i've used verbatim and tdk discs and had no problems there's prob others but those 2 work perfect for me.

lostfrorever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's bs, whichever dvd brand you use won't most of the time affect at all, i use memorex dvd+r 16x NO PROBLEM AT ALL EVER.Also i burn my discs at 16x and never had had problems with the 8+ games i have burned.the dvd is damaged though no doubt, probably reburning it would fix it....

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
lostfrorever said:
that's bs, whichever dvd brand you use won't most of the time affect at all, i use memorex dvd+r 16x NO PROBLEM AT ALL EVER.Also i burn my discs at 16x and never had had problems with the 8+ games i have burned.the dvd is damaged though no doubt, probably reburning it would fix it....

continue playing them your going to run into problmes sooner or later beacuse of the speed you burn them at. I was the same way and after a few weeks i started getting disk errors. then i switched to -dvdr and havent a problem since.

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The media type / brand contributes to over 90% of all Disk Read Errors.

I've been a victim myself using TDK dvd-r at 4x speed. Works for the first few days and start running into errors after. Some games work well, and others don't too, and i've always thought that media type / brand does not matter as long as it's burnt right; till i changed to Sony DVD-R. I've never run into any errors with Sony.

Some brands are unreliable, mainly due to different suppliers or manufacturing plants and differing quality. You could be lucky with a spindle but not with another of the same brand. So far most Verbatim and Sony DVD-R works well.

Try to install a game onto a USB drive using your backups, and you can see all the "Read errors" on the disks, if they exist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)