Rune Factory 5 teases its story in new trailer

The localization of Rune Factory 5 is almost here. Publisher XSEED has decided to tease some of the game's story and gameplay in a new short trailer, where you'll get a glimpse at some of the dub cast, animal riding, farming, and enemies. Also revealed was the game's pre-order bonus, which is a Wooly head keychain, available at select retailers throughout North America, Europe, and Australia. Rune Factory 5 launches as a Nintendo Switch exclusive on March 22, 2022.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
thank god i already finished the definitive edition of the game (japanese), it's nice to be able to understand and finish the original versions of these games before these shitty distributors do the """localized""" version.
im legit so jelly right now i had to go at it with google translate on hand

gay love is pandering garbage, true gamer TM moment :rofl:
when you ignore the game issues to instead change characters sexualities after a game has been out already them ignore the people angry that the game still in a bad state yes we do call that attitude garbage

Seriously, when are Men finally gonna get the representation they deserve?!?!?!

And how dare Xseed give some of the community what they want! (For the record, I'm all for fixing the bugs and issues, but I love when people criticize a dev for "pandering," because that means they're literally playing to their audience... the nerve!)
delay the game so they can bitch to the devs that there are more important things than fixing bugs we gamers love them bugs yum yum

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
im legit so jelly right now i had to go at it with google translate on hand

when you ignore the game issues to instead change characters sexualities after a game has been out already them ignore the people angry that the game still in a bad state yes we do call that attitude garbage

delay the game so they can bitch to the devs that there are more important things than fixing bugs we gamers love them bugs yum yum
hey val i highly advise you to ignore MikaDubbz they have been very much known for twisting peoples words completely :/...it's not worth even having a conversation with them - i tried before, but it went terrible - they just won't read at all..

Reactions: Valwinz

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still eagerly waiting March 22nd—and now other people will briefly care about it as well, for various reasons. Still hyped, after about 5 playthroughs with 1600 hours in the Japanese version.

My only real concern is what they're probably going to do to ガウちゃん A.K.A. Fuka. I know it's always the same, but whenever I walk by her and hear "ガウ、ガウ、ガウガウガウ!" it fills me with happiness for some reason. I'm looking forward to figuring out more of the voice actors too: right now all I know is Erica Lindbeck is Lucy, and Atelier Sophie's VA is somewhere in there.

I've spent so much time recently in both RF4 and RF5 iterating through the crafting system. It's unreasonably extensible and most people will barely scratch the surface—let alone know what level or rarity bonus are. The combat mechanics are so much fuller now that I know how each stupid mechanic works. There's also apparently an amazing story around all these things. I guess some people play for that. :O

Also, I should point out that the same-gender marriage they added in 1.1.0 was more of a quality-of-life update with very few actual tweaks. The events you could already see before were already rather flirty, regardless of gender, and now they just let you see the last few if (and only if) you specifically go out of your way and choose to. That's pretty much it. Honestly, it seems very likely that the writing took this into consideration before and just didn't 'press the button' so to speak. Although now there are 12 more videos to unlock.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still eagerly waiting March 22nd—and now other people will briefly care about it as well, for various reasons. Still hyped, after about 5 playthroughs with 1600 hours in the Japanese version.

My only real concern is what they're probably going to do to ガウちゃん A.K.A. Fuka. I know it's always the same, but whenever I walk by her and hear "ガウ、ガウ、ガウガウガウ!" it fills me with happiness for some reason. I'm looking forward to figuring out more of the voice actors too: right now all I know is Erica Lindbeck is Lucy, and Atelier Sophie's VA is somewhere in there.

I've spent so much time recently in both RF4 and RF5 iterating through the crafting system. It's unreasonably extensible and most people will barely scratch the surface—let alone know what level or rarity bonus are. The combat mechanics are so much fuller now that I know how each stupid mechanic works. There's also apparently an amazing story around all these things. I guess some people play for that. :O

Also, I should point out that the same-gender marriage they added in 1.1.0 was more of a quality-of-life update with very few actual tweaks. The events you could already see before were already rather flirty, regardless of gender, and now they just let you see the last few if (and only if) you specifically go out of your way and choose to. That's pretty much it. Honestly, it seems very likely that the writing took this into consideration before and just didn't 'press the button' so to speak. Although now there are 12 more videos to unlock.
Why this gaugaugau? What's the context? Is that she just being cute?
No idea how they will translate this in English.

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ガウ is just the sound they chose to give the beast girl who can't speak human (for the most part.) Most of the phonemes she utters are made up of this with parenthesis for what she's trying to say in Japanese. Apparently, 'gau' has always been a sort of onomatopoeia for a guttural animal sound. Facepalms incoming for FF6. >.<

In some random English clips they've released on their twitter, it seems she just kind of makes random-ish weird noises and speaks in some sort of gibberish. Think Melnics—probably without the underlying formula. Honestly, I'm sort of concerned about it, mostly because it may be ignoring the intention of the art and changing it seemingly randomly. I'm pretty rhetorically precise though and tend to think that of many localizations. Maybe it'll work—who knows.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anybody know what the general consensus on the game is, like compared Rune Factory 4?
I think a lot of people would consider RF4 a masterpiece, and almost like lightning in a bottle for the farming/life sim genre. Is this new one as in-depth and expansive?
I have played both. RF4 (only up to Arc 3 and I played the Special too) and RF5 (completed the main story but no marriage yet). IMO it is not as good as RF4, but that does not mean it is a bad game. I enjoyed both games.

Here is my opinion.
RF4:
Good character development.
Responsive, stable FPS.
The graphics feel a bit outdated (it's a 3DS game from a few years ago).

RF5:
Character development can be better. Events are not as random as in RF4.
FPS dips here and there.
Long load time. Not a problem if you are not hunting for materials.
The graphics seem meh. They should make it simpler and easier to run.
The battle is responsive enough for me.
The world feels bigger because of the seamless map system. (RF4 uses a segmented map, sorry not sure what is the correct term for it.)

Crafting and farming mechanics are mostly the same as RF4.
The story is also good enough for me. MC lost in a new world and started a new life there. After a while, there is a problem with the runes and the antagonist. See, typical RF games.

FYI, I also played Frontier and Oceans. I enjoyed both too.

Probably if you enjoy the RF series, you would enjoy this one too.

It's how the character speaks or the language that the character use. However, MC and other people in the village seem to understand the language with no problem.

Reactions: Phearoz

Deleted member 577889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, ew, no male PC in thumbnail. Disappointing.

Otherwise...looks fine to me, if you like farming sims.
gotta fix that male privilege :D:D
the game mostly sells among females, to be fair. So, it makes sense here. It saddens me that non-masculine male protagonists are slowly becoming the thing of the past. Tales of had moved on for a more profitable "big man with sword", female audience is getting nastier with their demands and they no longer settle for male characters that look appealing to both males and females...

gaming is becoming more selfish

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44