Gaming Rune Factory 5 Question

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, so I made a post like yesterday asking a question(apology for making another ask) now i am back again to ask another one; I wanted to know how much text - if it's possible anyone with the game can reply here please or anyone that is knowledgeable on the game.

But to continue; how much text does this game hold? Is it so much that it can rightfully take 2 years to translate or 1 year? I am very curious to know peoples responses on this question lol please...I need help to know xD..​

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why even though games are often Japanese first, why they don't just write it in English first, then translate to Japanese/Chinese, etc, since more copies are sold outside of Chinese and Japanese territories... I strongly suspect. ...(but don't know for a fact.)

It seems it would be shorter to script it in English than translate the other way around.. quicker/easier I would imagine...

I also can't imagine why these game makers don't hire professional scriptwriters, just like movie companies do. Many games would be so much better without the shoe-horned in text. Since today many make more than the movies do in revenue. why not leave that to professionals...

Patiently awaiting the game myself, loved each and all of them... well except 4.

Last edited by Redhorse,
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll never understand why even though games are often Japanese first, why they don't just write it in English first, then translate to Japanese/Chinese, etc, since more copies are sold outside of Chinese and Japanese territories... I strongly suspect. ...(but don't know for a fact.)

It seems it would be shorter to script it in English than translate the other way around.. quicker/easier I would imagine...

I also can't imagine why these game makers don't hire professional scriptwriters, just like movie companies do. Many games would be so much better without the shoe-horned in text. Since today many make more than the movies do in revenue. why not leave that to professionals...

Patiently awaiting the game myself, loved each and all of them... well except 4.

Yeah that would be a good idea, yet I believe it's because the companies want to make it more for their country first then any other, I still don't get it though, and I never checked the graph of how much games that are from Japan sell outside at all o.o...so I am assuming they sell well outside too.
I know Korea is struggling a lot on gaming.

From me trying to translate one nintendo ds game it takes some time but not that long as long as it's not too much you know.
Gaming companies like where rune factory team is working under does have the money to do it but they won't do it because there just simply stingy :/...they could hire more better people to translate their games that way it doesn't take *this* amount of time but they won't...idk if it's just them being stingy or stupid.

Same here, I couldn't get into the rest of the rune factory game because I am sucker for otome games, and playing as a dude hitting on girls lmao was not my tea xD the games were great, I just didn't want to flirt with a girl to have children I rather do that while playing as a girl, so thats why I just started off late on the 4th one which I love a lot, I really wanna try out the wii version where it was the first one to allow you to play as a girl..but sadly I think you are stuck between boy and girl?? I forgot but something was off about the wii version of rune factory.
But wait why didn't you like rune factory 4??

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it is because their native language is not English. Try to see it from the developer's perspective and not from publisher's/marketing's. Also thinking that not everyone speaks/writes English fluently does help to understand.

To further help you understand the language barrier, let's do the easier stuff, playing games in Japanese (which I think is easier than developing games that are not in your native language).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-and-comprehend-japanese-games.350246/

From me trying to translate one nintendo ds game it takes some time but not that long as long as it's not too much you know.
Gaming companies like where rune factory team is working under does have the money to do it but they won't do it because there just simply stingy :/...
It's already great that they made RF5. Previously, the news said RF4 is supposed to be the last title. Now I hope that there will be RF6.

As for the main question. I think they should take around 1 year to localize. The items and their description are similar if not the same as the one in RF4. They just need to translate the conversations. They will also need to include an English voice-over (assuming they will include an English voice in the game).

Last edited by r5xscn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu