ROM Hack Rune Factory 3 Undub help!

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
FehnrirX said:
Can someone tell me how to edit the sdat file??
I would like to know about it. Thanks

err.. if it's possible, i wish it's GUI version. So i can edit sdat file more easily

There's no easy gui, crystaltile2 is probably closest and it doesn't automate editing to allow for files larger than the input.

You're probably best off extracting everything using CT2 manually (and then creating the required folder structure for making an sdat with kiwi.ds) or with kiwi.ds and then renaming the file to match the proper structure and then rebuilding it with kiwi.ds.

Read this.

Honestly speaking however there is no nice method to do it that I am aware of.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
SirFist is a true bro. I'll report if something sounds weird.
smile.gif

Lawlzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carnivean said:
This should be the final version of the undub. Grunts are fixed, All audio files correct, 'All Right' converted to 'Yatta!', intro is the japanese version.

It's an xdelta patch bundled with a gui.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c0anz9ww5qmcjzg

Just here to report that when transfromed into a Mokomoko/Wooly, the human battle grunts are used instead of the JP "moko" sounds.
It doesn't bother me that much though, I really appreciate the work put into this undub.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Lawlzers said:
Just here to report that when transfromed into a Mokomoko/Wooly, the human battle grunts are used instead of the JP "moko" sounds.
It doesn't bother me that much though, I really appreciate the work put into this undub.
Oh man, just when I thought this undub was already perfect. I'm not that far into the game though...

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Lawlzers said:
Carnivean said:
This should be the final version of the undub. Grunts are fixed, All audio files correct, 'All Right' converted to 'Yatta!', intro is the japanese version.

The japanese
STRM_MAIS_BATTLE_MOCO_01.STRM through STRM_MAIS_BATTLE_MOCO_08.STRM are just voices files whereas the US versions are sheep noises, I am not entirely sure this is an issue with the undub but rather the game.

If you could verify what noises play in the original US rom it would be helpful.

EDIT:
Already tested, the original US voices are the default battle grunts, it's not an undub issue but rather a raw dub issue (assuming the japanese version actually had unique moko battle grunts).

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Carnivean said:
Already tested, the original US voices are the default battle grunts, it's not an undub issue but rather a raw dub issue (assuming the japanese version actually had unique moko battle grunts).
As far as I know, yes.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
.Darky said:
Carnivean said:
As far as I know, yes.

Well regardless of that, the US version doesn't call them at any point so, they won't/can't be included.

That said when going through the sdat I did not come across any of them and the only missing files (As in present in the japanese version but not the US one.) were all female voice files:
STRM_CHOCOLAT_PROPOSE_05.strm
STRM_ELISA_BATTLE_04.strm
STRM_ELISA_GLOBAL_09.strm
STRM_MARION_PROPOSE_05.strm
STRM_MEI_01.strm
STRM_SAKUYA_PROPOSE_05.strm
STRM_SHINONOME_GREETING_02.strm
Specifically.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, that's weird. I'm almost 100% the 'Moko' grunts when you were a Wooly were there in the japanese version.

FehnrirX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Strange... If i'm not wrong, when i just swap sdat files from JPN to US directly, moko2 grunt is still preserve.. not changed into normal grunt...

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
FehnrirX said:
Strange... If i'm not wrong, when i just swap sdat files from JPN to US directly, moko2 grunt is still preserve.. not changed into normal grunt...

If you just swap sdat files you get the human grunts.

Exbaddude said:
QUOTE(Carnivean @ Nov 12 2010, 11:33 PM) This should be the final version of the undub. Grunts are fixed, All audio files correct, 'All Right' converted to 'Yatta!', intro is the japanese version.

Patch with a clean rom right ? TT ^ TT

Yes.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Just here to report that the 'moko' grunts are indeed present in the japanese version.

Also, thanks a lot, Carnivean. Seems you were the one who worked on this patch, even though it was first credited to SirFist...unless of course you 2 are the same person. : )

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
.Darky said:
Just here to report that the 'moko' grunts are indeed present in the japanese version.

Also, thanks a lot, Carnivean. Seems you were the one who worked on this patch, even though it was first credited to SirFist...unless of course you 2 are the same person. : )

I am indeed 'SirFist', Carnivean is an older alias and 'Fist' or 'Sir Fist' are newer ones.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Carnivean said:
I am indeed 'SirFist', Carnivean is an older alias and 'Fist' or 'Sir Fist' are newer ones.
Lies lies! Stealing credit! Rage rage rage! xD

Nah, anyways thanks for all your work (though I don't find the English dub to be dreadful, it's always nice to have it in a language I can't really understand whatsoever).

FehnrirX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, no fix for moko2 grunt??
Alright, i don't think its a big deal though
Thanks anyway, to make nice undub for this game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Photoshopped.