Rune factory 2.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by dewp, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009

Rune factory 2. by dewp at 5:27 PM (1,601 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. dewp
    OP

Newcomer dewp Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    first of all, much better than the first one. liking this much more.

LOL @ loads of the characters having really deep black voice actors - not that it's a bad thing just it doesn't go with the characters at all XD.

also, do you have to eat everyday? what do you have to eat, and how much, what happens if you don't eat, thanks

2. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Rune Factory was great, this is greater. RF1 tried to make it a multi-generational game, but once I beat the final boss and got married, I stopped playing it. RF2 has certain areas and tasks that you can't even go through until you make it to the second generation. This was a very smart way to do this. Although, I am a little stuck right now, I am still enjoying it.

And to answer your question, no, you don't have to eat every day. The only reason you should ever eat is to recover hp or other abilities. Other than that, it is a wasted of time.

3. dewp
    OP

United Kingdom
    but sometimes when you eat a vegetable for example a little tomatoe appears underneath your HP bar, what does that mean?

4. SleepingDragon

United States
    It means you are "digesting it", for lack of a better term. In RF1, there were times when you couldn't eat something again until you were finished digesting the first bite and the apple dissapeared.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I really need to get my hands on this game. i Loved the first one alot, and everyone is saying this 2 is so much better.

6. SleepingDragon

United States
    2 is just a whole lot bigger and deeper. I loved RF1 and spent a ton of time on it. I thought, how could they possible make any major improvements on this? But, they have!

7. dewp
    OP

United Kingdom
    Doe anyone else have the problem of really bad laggy/stuttering when you enter the monster farm thing

8. dewp
    OP

United Kingdom
    actually.. laggs whenever there are more than 4 people on screen :/ .... anyone else got this prob?

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Yeah, it does that.

Also, for some reason, RF 2 lost my interest faster than the original. I'm not sure, but the second game feels a bit too easy in comparason. I still enjoyed it, but of course, it's just my own opinion.

10. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Ignore.

11. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Would you recommend a new player to go straight for RF2 and skip RF1? I'm not sure if I have the time and patience for the both titles.

12. dewp
    OP

United Kingdom
    you don't need to play 1 to play this..

another thig that bothers me is how fucking shit the monsters ar at harvesting... i end up doing it all myself!

also the task where you have to play rock paper scissors was probably the monst annoying thing i;ve ever had to do in a game, I wanted to kill the little bitch

13. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Really? I actually managed to do that rock paper scissors first time.

I haven't even bothered to get monsters that water/harvest/whatnot for me, so I wouldn't know what that's like. It is pretty damn time consuming though.

14. Edragon

Member Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia

erm.. what do you mean by "the monsters ar at harvesting" ??
    well.. if you mean how and when... there centain monster can harvest and some can watering.
    and you have to use the brush to increase the closeness as the more closeness, the monster can watering and harvesting more.
    oh: and they start to work pretty late ... lazy bunch... although with 2 monsters harvest, 2 monster water, with all 10 hearts, they can take care of the field next to ur house [​IMG])

p/s: check gamefaqs or ign.

15. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I think i tried to get the mosters to self sustain the farm my planting grain and then assigning the monsters to harvest and water, but it never really worked out. I think the problem was i never cleared the margin where i was having the mosters with enough food to worry about the crops that are going to make me money. oh well.

16. Edragon

Member Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just go and plan some grass. they regrow. good source of rune point as well