Hacking run USB GX Forwarder without SD card

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possitble to run the USB Loader GX without an SD Card? I've my usb HD partition to fat 32 and WBFS. According to the instructions, I need to create a apps folder with usbloader_gx folder including the dol, same structure as SD except it resides in the USB fat 32 partition. Every time I booted without the SD, it just reboot the wii. It works fine with the SD inserted. I am using the USB Loader GX forwarder. Thanks.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sangweb said:
Is it possitble to run the USB Loader GX without an SD Card? I've my usb HD partition to fat 32 and WBFS. According to the instructions, I need to create a apps folder with usbloader_gx folder including the dol, same structure as SD except it resides in the USB fat 32 partition. Every time I booted without the SD, it just reboot the wii. It works fine with the SD inserted. I am using the USB Loader GX forwarder. Thanks.

Make sure you change USB\config\GXGlobal.cfg as bellow:

cover_path = USB:/images/
theme_path = USB:/theme/
disc_path = USB:/images/disc/
language_path = notset
languagefiles_path = USB:/config/language/
oggload_path = USB:/config/backgroundmusic/
titlestxt_path = USB:/config/
godmode = 1
dolpath = USB:/
ogg_path = notset
wiilight = 1
gameDisplay = 0
update_path = USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/
Cheatcodespath = USB:/codes/
titlesOverride = 0
patchcountrystrings = 0
screensaver = 1
error002 = 1

sangweb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've changed the USB config as below but still does not work. Is it because the forwarder is always looking for SD boot file? It is currently store all the images and cheat code in the USB but in only boots when I have SD card inserted. Any one successfully boot without SD card for USB GX? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.