[Rumour] Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Coming to Switch?

ALBW.png

Originally released in 2013, A Link Between Worlds turned heads, and to many proved itself as the successor to A Link to the Past. Maintaining an impressive score of 91 on Metacritic, it stood as a definitive title for the 3DS library—but that was 2013. Two years later, the game saw a second release in the form of its Nintendo Selects edition at a reduced price, but has since been put to rest. As if to dig it up from its peaceful slumber, Nintendo PR has recently been seen requesting to refeature review content for advertising material.

With a Nintendo Direct more than likely right around the corner, what could this mean for the game? The easiest conclusion to jump to would be a Switch remaster; the game being more than suitable with its lack of reliance on specific 3DS features. Other possibilities could include 3DS Virtual Console on the Switch, or even a sequel.

What do you think? Would you buy a HD remaster?

:arrow: Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they want to remake 3ds title for more money grab.... :/

Glad I'm not alone in this line of thinking, would rather see new things released than re-hashes, apparently they need to go back to the well to get software available so they have something to sell to the Switch crowd. (I own one too, but I don't see myself as a 'born again' Nintendo fan.

A few things stuck out to me in that article.

Note: I'm going to play devil's advocate below, I had this exact long winded debate with an old friend on Twitter a few days ago, since he's a Nintendo fan reborn in the waters of the Switch.

So take what I write with a grain of salt, I'm not attacking Nintendo, or Switch fans. Just calling out hypocrisy and wagon jumpers, where I see them.

If the success of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is any indication, players who are returning to Nintendo thanks to the Switch (like me) may have missed a few choice titles on other consoles.

Oh, you mean those who were the Nintendo faithful who spit on the Wii U, only now to realize it's brilliance now that the same games are on the Switch.

I don’t own a 3DS, but I’ll buy a Switch port of A Link Between Worlds day one, especially considering the console’s hybrid, portable design.

Seems to feel like recently that ALL switch owners port beg, have the I didn't buy WiiU/3DS, etc. but if you put if on the Switch I'll buy it mentality. I truly don't understand this.

I want new games, new experiences, instead we're digging up old games so Nintendo can say they have 'new' software to give to owners of the Switch.

I will admit I ignored Wind Waker HD when it first came out, because I thought it was a cheap ploy by Nintendo to distract Wii U owners who were waiting for BotW (and with Twilight Princess it was EXACTLY that) Nintendo doing what they do best, re-dredging up old IP putting a new coat of paint (or gimmick) on that game and re-releasing it.

They added 3D to OoT and MM and prettied up the graphics a bit to re-release them on 3DS.

My point I made to him and I'll make it here, I want something new, the only reason I seem irritated is because of people like this guy and many other switch users, who will settle for Link Between Worlds or something else ported to Switch because they couldn't be bothered to buy it or play it on the system that it originally was playable on.

That's not being a fan, that's being something entirely different and something I honestly have great disdain and disgust for. Mediocrity.

Nintendo can do better and has done better to pander to your audience is the worst thing they could ever do, but no one's complaining. And why?

Because now you can play the game on the Switch, so all's well with the world now.....

And yet.. No one seems to have had a problem with Last of Us, or Prototype 1 and 2 or similar games being ported to the PS4/Xbone.

One reason many of the remasters/ports weren't done to fill the gap of lacking software while waiting for the latest game, they were just done to utilize new hardware and look better. Cash grabs, sure, I'll agree. But none of them were done as stop gaps while a sequel (long in development) was being created. Something most people who use this argument seem to miss by a country mile.

Also let's be honest Protoype is Activision, they have no soul, let's not say Sony told them to do that, or the well regarded and loved Crash Collection, which you seemed to not mention.

Last edited by mario5555,

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they do port it think of it as an opportunity for non-3DS gamers the chance to play it. It’s not a cash grab for ppl that never played it and those that did don’t need to buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-