Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nuclear Crow said:
Hmmmm...

Part of my doubts that the 5th Gen will be a DSi, or heaven forbid DS2 exclusive. It just wouldn't be like Nintendo to do something like that, to exclude 1/2+ of the population who still own older models such as the DS Lite or DS Phat.

People would complain about having to spend 200+ Dollars on a new console just so they could play it. That isn't incredibly good marketing practice, and is more likely to cause people to shun away from the system (Such as when the PS3 was announced to retail for 599 US Dollars)

The DS has been around now for over 5 years... and assuming the DS2 comes out around the end of this year, it will have been around 6 years. In that time, nobody twisted anyone's arm to go out and buy DSLites, DSis or DSi XLs. Regardless of how many iterations of the DS have been released, the fact remains that we've now been playing games on the same basic handheld unit for 5 years and it's time for a change. Personally, I didn't buy a DS until the DSLite came out (due to the god-awful design of the Phat), and didn't bother buying a DSi because it lacked the slot-2. I'll likely buy a DSi eventually for collecting purposes rather than playing, either when there's enough of a price drop or some special edition DSi comes out that I like the look of. It it does end up that you need a DS2 to play the new Pokemon games, though, I'll have no issue with buying one. The DSLite/DSi/XL were optional purchases if you already had a DS; anyone who bought one must've known what could possibly happen... especially buying a handheld years and years into its lifespan.

The GBA was replaced by the DS after less than 4 years on the market... the GBC lasted only 2.5 years before being ousted by the GBA. If the DS gets 6 years, then that's more than enough time IMO.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Feb 16 2010, 04:11 PM) And it was said 5th generation will be on DS.

Twilight Princess started development as a Gamecube title, but ended up being a Wii launch title as well. If that could happen, then it's equally possible for Generation V of Pokemon.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Rydian said:
And it was said 5th generation will be on DS.

Twilight Princess started development as a Gamecube title, but ended up being a Wii launch title as well. If that could happen, then it's equally possible for Generation V of Pokemon.
That is a possibility, though it was said they will be released this year.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS2 eh?
smile.gif
Well I would have to wait a long time first.
frown.gif

Anyways if this is true it isn't very farfetched at all considering how well these game sell. A bunch of people I know bought the DS for pokemon.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Booooooo to nintendo for the awful effort which is the DSi and the awful cocktease which was "Warioware: Snapped." I only bought a damn DSi because I thought Nintendo had some revolutionary shit up their sleeves with camera controls. But obviously the next-gen portable will most likely be "the good shit," although I will sip the kool-aid before chugging this time

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys need to chill out for a moments. There is no pics for DS2 yet.. Just want and see what it is look like very soon. Be patient.
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Hope it's not too powerful for a handheld, that was the PSP's downfall in my opinion.
Power is always welcome, as long as they don't sacrifice battery life.

Problem is, it tempts developers to just squeeze home console games onto handhelds, rather than making an innovative new games which is suited to the medium.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
RockmanForte said:
You guys need to chill out for a moments. There is no pics for DS2 yet.. Just want and see what it is look like very soon. Be patient.
smile.gif

it wont be ready by march for GDC apparently...

I didnt say it will be ready March. I said it will be ready soon but people abuse it without knowing what DS2 is going to be like. We need to wait and see before we can tell our opinions later.
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
they've made 4 ds now this gen but only 1 wii
laugh.gif

They also made 3 GBA consoles (GBA, GBA SP and GBM) and only one GameCube.
QUOTE(BlueStar @ Feb 17 2010, 01:04 PM) Hope it's not too powerful for a handheld, that was the PSP's downfall in my opinion.
Well, it did make it more expensive. The most important problems are the lack of great games (they're there, but not in large quantities) and the horrible UMDs. I'd take cartridges or even downloads over that any day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection