Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Rare are one of my favourite developers - their work on the N64 was inspirational and I’ve loved all their Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Yes, all of them, including the (still gorgeous) Perfect Dark Zero.

Rumours are starting to circulate this morning that a sequel to the first person shooter will be released at the end of next year, with the Official Xbox Magazine throwing the strongest hints into the mix.

“The Ball sees a redheaded girl in a spandex suit…” says the mag in their rumour section.

Microsoft might well be looking to Rare to fill in the ‘exclusive’ gap now that Bungie aren’t quite as tied to the Xbox 360. There’s hope that Perfect Dark 2 could be something special, perhaps with a reveal at this year’s E3?
Source.

D

Deleted-171178

I never much cared for the lousy voice acting in the original, which put me off playing it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already tried a prequel with Perfect Dark Zero. And last i heard, it sucked (though i never played it, just heard from others). I really don't know if RARE "has it" anymore. Their games just don't seem to appeal to me much now...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
I never much cared for the lousy voice acting in the original, which put me off playing it.

It was made a while ago, give it a break. And seriously, it's goddamn voice acting.

Regardless, I will argue that it is the best first person shooter ever made. Better than Goldeneye. Although they'll probably screw up a new Perfect Dark like they did with Zero. People are too big of whores for "modern FPS games" to realize how lead-flingers of the past were.

I'll stick to Perfect Dark XBLA anyway.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rare was at it's peak when it was making games for Nintendo .
Their humor , and love for furry characters in cartoons style ( Banjo, Conkers, DK ) was and still is perfectly suited for the Big N audience.
Even Perfect Dark Zero might have been totally different on the Wii, and maybe set a mark much bigger then the Conduit.
As it is , on the XBOX360 they are kind of wasted, trying to produce hardcore games ( don't let the furry friends of the past fool you, they were as hardcore as it can be on Nintendo ) trying to appeal to a mature audience, loosing their spirit.
They should have sticked with Nintendo, especially for this generation , I would have loved another banjo kazzoie or conkers game or even a perfect dark wii.
Oh well, I wish there all the best, but it seams ages since they have done something worthwile.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that Rare's games are bad by any means. It's just that they pale in comparison to the xbox's huge library of hardcore games.

Why Rare was so successful is that they were the number 1 producer for quality hardcore games for Nintendo audience. Now they have huge competition and have a harder time getting high reviews.

Even if they produced the same exact games but for the Wii, I believe their games would get higher ratings. It's all realitive based on the systems power and current game library.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Perfect Dark Zero sucked. The only good thing that ever came out of that travesty is that while playing online I got talking to a girl, who later turned out to live only a few streets away from me. So Perfect Dark Zero was instrumental in getting me a few months of sex. What am I saying? Perfect Dark Zero was awesome, bring on more Perfect Dark.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Relys said:
It's not that Rare's games are bad by any means. It's just that they pale in comparison to the xbox's huge library of hardcore games.

Why Rare was so successful is that they were the number 1 producer for quality hardcore games for Nintendo audience. Now they have huge competition and have a harder time getting high reviews.

Even if they produced the same exact games but for the Wii, I believe their games would get higher ratings. It's all realitive based on the systems power and current game library.

UHHHHH.

UHHHHH.

You seriously don't know how FUCKING GOOD Rare games were. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, all of them are magnificent games.

If you think the Xbox's games nowadays are better than Rare's classics in the N64 era, you have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about. Rare games were good because they were damn good, not because they were "hardcore games on a Nintendo system" (which is laughable in itself because Nintendo didn't give a shit about appealing to the casual audience like the Wii does back in the day, even their sugary characters like Mario and Link still produced damn good games that hardcore gamers can only be considered gamers if they played).

EDIT: And I have more to say.

Rare games nowadays "aren't as good" because Rare sucks nowadays. All their talent left. The guys who made them one of the biggest devs of all time back in the day were gone.

I'm sorry, I'm going off on a tyrade, but your statement is flat out wrong in every way possible. I'm actually disturbed. You think that if Rare made their games on the Wii they would sell better? Have you not learned any of the trends on the Wii? Third party hardcore titles BOMB. HORRENDOUSLY. MadWorld, House of the Dead: Overkill, Dead Space: Extraction, all excellent games, were major flops. Not because they're bad, they're all excellent, but because its a hard audience to sell to.

I mean just wow, just fucking wow.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guild McCommunist said:
Relys said:

UHHHHH.

UHHHHH.

You seriously don't know how FUCKING GOOD Rare games were. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, all of them are magnificent games.

If you think the Xbox's games nowadays are better than Rare's classics in the N64 era, you have NO FUCKING CLUE what you're talking about. Rare games were good because they were damn good, not because they were "hardcore games on a Nintendo system" (which is laughable in itself because Nintendo didn't give a shit about appealing to the casual audience like the Wii does back in the day, even their sugary characters like Mario and Link still produced damn good games that hardcore gamers can only be considered gamers if they played).

EDIT: And I have more to say.

Rare games nowadays "aren't as good" because Rare sucks nowadays. All their talent left. The guys who made them one of the biggest devs of all time back in the day were gone.

I'm sorry, I'm going off on a tyrade, but your statement is flat out wrong in every way possible. I'm actually disturbed. You think that if Rare made their games on the Wii they would sell better? Have you not learned any of the trends on the Wii? Third party hardcore titles BOMB. HORRENDOUSLY. MadWorld, House of the Dead: Overkill, Dead Space: Extraction, all excellent games, were major flops. Not because they're bad, they're all excellent, but because its a hard audience to sell to.

I mean just wow, just fucking wow.

I wish there would be a swearing filter that would remove all the dirty words and the fu#k this anf fu#k that and damn here and there.
Do people feel stronger when they use such language ? I mean there is a perfectly civilized manner to deliver your opinion across without having to swear that much.
Do the mods even do anything to discourage this kind of language ?
Am I the only one who feels offended by such awful writing ?
Certainly I wouldn't recommend my 10 years nephew to come here and reading this forums.

And I also have to disagree with that Guild guy, not only his post contains foul language, but even his opinion is merely personal and can't be considered 100% accurate.
What's the reason of such rage ? Cool down kid, Relys was just saying that Rare games would fare better on the Wii because of less competition in their category, compared to the Xbox360.
And I also happen to agree with him. He didn't swear, nor did I, it's just a pacific exchange of opinions.
Kids nowadays do silly things to get attention....shish .......

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
I wish there would be a swearing filter that would remove all the dirty words and the fu#k this anf fu#k that and damn here and there.
Do people feel stronger when they use such language ? I mean there is a perfectly civilized manner to deliver your opinion across without having to swear that much.
Certainly I wouldn't recommend my 10 years nephew to come here and reading this forums.

And I also have to disagree with that Guild guy, not only his post contains foul language, but even his opinion is merely personal and can't be considered 100% accurate.
What's the reason of such rage ? Cool down kid, Relys was just saying that Rare games would fare better on the Wii because of less competition in their category, compared to the Xbox360.
And I also happen to agree with him. He didn't swear, nor did I, it's just a pacific exchange of opinions.

It's the internet, people here swear worse than I do. I just get worked up when people have no clue what they're talking about.

And my statement wasn't opinion, it's fact. N64 rare games gain some of the highest scores out there. Go look at any aggregate review site or talk to any gamer whose played the N64 rare games and they'll both agree. Any one who truly considers themselves a gamer will agree. Go find some of the older members here who've lived through the gaming era and they'll agree with my statements.

As for the language, the mods don't care. As long as it's not explicitly insulting someone or if it's in the title of a thread, it really doesn't matter. The forum isn't for PG audiences, mods swear quite a bit too. And I wouldn't recommend your 10 y/o nephew here either, 10 y/o kids shouldn't be using forums honestly. Kids in general shouldn't be using forums.

And Rare games would not sell well on the Wii. Rare isn't a big name any more. It doesn't carry any merit or allure with it. It's a studio that should honestly die down. And go to vgchartz.com and go look at some of the big third party hardcore games on the Wii (just for example, MadWorld, House of the Dead Overkill, etc). Even the big "hardcore success" on the Wii, Call of Duty 5, still didn't even as much as Nintendo's "failure", Wii Music.

Do your research and learn the trends for the Wii and what the N64 was like back in the day.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guild McCommunist said:
Arm73 said:

It's the internet, people here swear worse than I do. I just get worked up when people have no clue what they're talking about.

And my statement wasn't opinion, it's fact. N64 rare games gain some of the highest scores out there. Go look at any aggregate review site or talk to any gamer whose played the N64 rare games and they'll both agree. Any one who truly considers themselves a gamer will agree. Go find some of the older members here who've lived through the gaming era and they'll agree with my statements.

As for the language, the mods don't care. As long as it's not explicitly insulting someone or if it's in the title of a thread, it really doesn't matter. The forum isn't for PG audiences, mods swear quite a bit too. And I wouldn't recommend your 10 y/o nephew here either, 10 y/o kids shouldn't be using forums honestly. Kids in general shouldn't be using forums.

And Rare games would not sell well on the Wii. Rare isn't a big name any more. It doesn't carry any merit or allure with it. It's a studio that should honestly die down. And go to vgchartz.com and go look at some of the big third party hardcore games on the Wii (just for example, MadWorld, House of the Dead Overkill, etc). Even the big "hardcore success" on the Wii, Call of Duty 5, still didn't even as much as Nintendo's "failure", Wii Music.

Do your research and learn the trends for the Wii and what the N64 was like back in the day.

Alright , fair enough.
Just so you know though, I'm old enough to remember when Asteroid, Frogger and Mario Bros ( the original ) were new at the arcade.
Just so you know I have a N64 still hooked up with my TV and a box with about 30 of the best games ever released, plus a couple of hundred roms on my PC along with pJ64 1.7 ( I'm a registered user, now everybody can get it though ) and an USB adapter to use my original N64 controller on the PC that works like a dream.
So please don't lecture me about how good N64 games are. I skipped the PSX generation altogether and my trusty N64 carried me on all the way till I got a GC, I didn't even have a good gaming PC at the time and not even a GBA, so all my gaming was done on the N64, and I played through EVERY single high profile game, and even more.

I'm just saying that that kind of language was uncalled for, and still it is my opinion also that if RARE would still be making games for Nintendo, specifically for the underpowered Wii ( therefore they would be forced to use creativity to make something stand out, instead of relying of the horse power of the system )I would be likely buy some.
It's just a thought, since I enjoyed rare games on the N64 so much, I wish they ' d still be making games for Nintendo with the same passion they had before.
What's wrong about it ?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope it's not true. Rare suck now. Probably wouldn't even be anything like the original, just like the banjo kazooie games. Make two fantastic games, then rather than make a third and give the 360 a great platform game, they come out with the nuts and bolts crap.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it truly reflected its name ie. perfect dark (very dark game) and i guess its still in the dark but maybe just maybe they may revive it perfectly as it requires... xbox would make a great machine but the problem is different graphics mean different gameplay and that is what is most concerning

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox