machomuu said:
BLBLB said:
machomuu said:
BLBLB said:
machomuu said:
BLBLB said:
machomuu said:
awssk8er said:
After reading the comments on Nintendo3DSblog... it kinda makes sense.

Kid Icarus is coming out... and lefties get pretty f*cked, so they make an analog pad that covers ABXY. This way, lefties don't get screwed, there are no new games that use this "second analog pad" screwing over people that don't have the $10 add-on, and it's not even required for games.

I think it makes sense... Only thing is that it would only be used for certain games, and the 3DS probably cannot close with the add-on attached.
I suspect that it'd probably replace the 3DS, not sell alongside it.

Replacing the 3DS is such a bad idea... Nintendo really dug themselves into a deep hole. I think if anything, another piece will be sold as an attachment.
That is an awful idea from a economical standpoint. Most people don't buy very many peripherals, and not only that but that would mean games that require it would be exclusive to those who bought this peripheral.

Yes it would suck that you would need to buy an extra peripheral, but that does not stop the developers from creating the games to support the original 3DS layout. And i would much rather purchase a $10 peripheral than a whole new system.
So you're saying you'd rather buy a $10 peripheral that would have low support by devs than have a new system with a new name, analog stick, and likely a bunch of other improvements such as battery life at likely the same price as the 3DS is now and increased likeness of increased 3DS sales?

I should have explained better. What I am saying is, the 3ds is barely a half-a-year old, and in my opinion, a relaunch would be a bad idea so early. I would very much like to see a 3DS with improvements, but i highly doubt it will be the same price. They should wait, release the big titles like Luigi's Mansion 2 and Super Mario 3D Land, and gain buyers first. THEN release a new system at least a year and a half later. A $10 peripheral would not bother me that much, and they could even release a new battery for free with exchange of the old one that the owners could change themselves.
As I said, this is a redesign and not a new iteration, and as such, if it were to be released late then there would be a crapload more people with 3DS, a crapload of sails that "could have been" and more, a crapload more 3DS that need to be replaced. Also, if they do it late then fewer 3DS devs will support it's new features than those that would have if it had been released early, thus making it an almost inevitable bomb.

I guess your right on the developers point, it just annoys me off to see a system fail greatly and then have a total revamp... in my opinion it makes Nintendo look desperate, and i will be very disappointed if a new system does come out over $200 dollars, because i really do not think it will be same price range as it is now.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BLBLB said:
RisnDevil said:
Dragging the 3DS along with/alongside a redesigned model would be a disaster. They did it once, and it didn't work (the Gameboy Micro). If Nintendo is not selling enough, and does not think they will, I have full faith and confidence that they WILL release another handheld, from the ground up. Add-ons don't sell, and don't get supported. If that is where they feel the problem is, they will make something new, not release an add-on. Plus, what HANDHELD has ever, EVER, had an add-on with this level of....NECESSITY? (Yes, I know the Gameboy Classic had the camera and the printer, the GBA had the card reader/eReader thing, and the PSP had the eye, but all of them just go to show that HANDHELD ADD-ONS DON'T SELL!)

As for excitement or disappointment over something new: meh. Honestly, I have enjoyed my 3DS immensely and even if the only titles that come out for it are the ones that are currently out and the handfull that I can't wait for (Mario Kart, Super Mario Land 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Heroes of Ruin, Starfox 64 3D) I will be happy. I know I will buy the next thing Nintendo releases and I'm not foolish enough to lie or implicate otherwise (just like I will be day 1 purchasing a Vita and a WiiU).

And both of those pictures from 3DSBuzz were out before the 3DS was officially revealed, they are just using old content. Do a search: there were some great concept mock-ups before the underwhelming design was released. Many designs that show the feasability of dual analogs in the current(ish) form factor.

Never saw those pics lol... anyway it is a shame handheld add-ons do not sell, because i love my e-Reader and i love my Gameboy Micro... However, if they sell the add-on with a 3DS game as a bonus (example: Legend of Zelda 4 swords for Gamecube with the GBA to Gamecube cable), then this piece could actually work.
True, but once again, it would very likely have little dev support.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
A right analog stick? On a Nintendo console? Ew no. Nintendo's games have never had to have a second analog stick. The camera ai in Mario games and most recently, OoT 3D, is remarkable. I say keep the second analog off. People need to stop bitching.

I completely agree with this post. I would not buy a new 3DS console for dual analog. I'd be like, no thanks.

Now, fire red 3DS on the other hand. That system looks pretty sharp. I may end up grabbing one some day.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
ShadowSoldier said:
A right analog stick? On a Nintendo console? Ew no. Nintendo's games have never had to have a second analog stick. The camera ai in Mario games and most recently, OoT 3D, is remarkable. I say keep the second analog off. People need to stop bitching.

I completely agree with this post. I would not buy a new 3DS console for dual analog. I'd be like, no thanks.

Now, fire red 3DS on the other hand. That system looks pretty sharp. I may end up grabbing one some day.
So if it were to be relaunched, you wouldn't use a 3DS anymore? And as I said, a relaunch is a pretty huge thing, and they likely wouldn't just add a new analog stick. Not to mention Nintendo would probably not support the "old" 3DS anymore as a relaunch is a replacement.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't think it's a new design. At most, it's just an attachment like this: Link

Only it goes on the buttons. Nintendo wouldn't make a re-design like this so early; it this really does amount to anything, it has to be attachment only.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i dont believe a word of this "leak"..

if Nintendo actually did as this says, i would face-palm so hard the Nintendo retirees would feel it.

sounds like someone is just trollin to me, lol. even an attachment like the link above us unlikely imo. being that it would not be up to par with the other joystick (only 4 directional movement) and would serve no purpose being players would just use the damn buttons instead of buying a piece of plastic to push buttons for them

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I really don't think it's a new design. At most, it's just an attachment like this: Link

Only it goes on the buttons. Nintendo wouldn't make a re-design like this so early; it this really does amount to anything, it has to be attachment only.
If that were the case, I'd probably pass. I'd rather have my regular 3DS than one that looks like that. Or a relaunch, there is much that can be improved. Like the name.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has already had something of a disaster with backlash to the 3DS that it is trying to (and in a few ways, succeeding) recover from in the eyes of the fans. This would just generate more antipathy from the people who bought the machine originally, who I'm sure would feel "abandoned" somewhat.

A revision on the 3DS is inevitable, but this doesn't sound right. Nintendo can make mistakes, but come on; they aren't stupid.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
amptor said:
ShadowSoldier said:

So if it were to be relaunched, you wouldn't use a 3DS anymore? And as I said, a relaunch is a pretty huge thing, and they likely wouldn't just add a new analog stick. Not to mention Nintendo would probably not support the "old" 3DS anymore as a relaunch is a replacement.

Then they better be ready to either lose a butt load of money from people who already bought a 3DS, or they give them replacements for their "outdated 3DS".

Nintendo to relaunch a console, I can somewhat see. But to relaunch a whole new console after a year and not support the older models for those of us who bought it, would be a disaster, and there is no way they are THAT stupid.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this is real, I'm expecting this transition to be like what Sony did with the PS1's dual analogs. Release games with it that don't require the extra controls (but work with them), then slowly/eventually start releasing games that require them. And perhaps still continue to release some regular 3DS games too. But maybe Nintendo could benefit 3DS users by putting in some 3DS-exclusive content, possibly as an early-bird gift to people who picked up the first-gen 3DS. If that's too generous, maybe they'll just shower them with more free games.

In any case, I'm kinda glad that I'm waiting for the rehash. Though there's a small possibility that I won't get it (I have teh Xperia Play), there's probably going to be some features that'll convince me otherwise.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What! Since when is a second analog stick required to play!?
This sounds nothing like Nintendo, they wouldn't rush to get a second analog stick.
We have the gyroscope and the touch screen.
I am crossing my fingers that they dont add another analog.
Whether attachment or not.
Anyway all I think would happen with a new model is better battery life and bigger sweet spot, released early 2013
People would just rage (like everywhere i've seen about this post) if they did this.
So simply, this statement is false.(Portal 2 anyone?)

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I remain highly doubtful of this. It would be a developmental nightmare to have to reprogram support for a 2nd stick, and the "screenshot" I saw of where you'd put that stick was of a Nintendo DS Lite. Not only would programmers have to drag with backward compatibility for the original 3DS for the rest of the console's life but it's not even a mandatory must-have. Also "toning down" the 3D sounds like utter bollocks. Why the HELL would they want to redesign the whole screen for a simple tone-down that can already be achieved by moving the 3D slider?! If anything they would improve upon it. They would rather upgrade camera resolution than add another stick.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
won't happen, the 3rd party devs still on would drop them.
look what happened to sega after all the hardware attachments.
it's what caused the dreamcast to bomb, things like that make it harder on the 3rd party devs to do there thing and cause poor sales.

D

Deleted User

Oh my gosh! This is 100% true! Everyone confirmed it! Even the Queen of England! I can't wait for the relaunch! *looks at source. (01net.com)*

Oh... wait...

tl;dr: Story is probably bullshit.
biggrin.gif
Why I think so? A 6 pound peripheral from Nintendo? When pigs fly. Also, OP's news article (from 01net) sounds so incredibly biased it is incredible. I'm going to take this with a ton of salt, not just a grain.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ONM said they contacted Nintendo and say they deny any such redesign. Of course, Nintendo's response is more of a non-denial denial.

D

Deleted User

GeekyGuy said:
ONM said they contacted Nintendo and say they deny any such redesign. Of course, Nintendo's response is more of a non-denial denial.
biggrin.gif
Oh well. 01net's bollocks could seriously damage Nintendo's rep. I'd advise Nintendo to declare that this isn't true as soon as possible to diminish both 01net's credibility and restore public faith.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
GeekyGuy said:
biggrin.gif
Oh well. 01net's bollocks could seriously damage Nintendo's rep. I'd advise Nintendo to declare that this isn't true as soon as possible to diminish both 01net's credibility and restore public faith.
Unless it is true
ph34r.gif

I absolutely hate the "Rumors and speculation" statements these companies give. All they're saying is "Maybe... Maybe not....".

Nintendo, y u no have us rest assured?

D

Deleted User

From the same French site that leaked Project Cafe (Wii U) first, 01net.

Nintendo never actually called it Project Café. In fact, the Project Café thing was faked hype.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-