[Rumors]Xbox720 Pricing, Subscriptions, No B/C, $99 Xbox360

Would you buy a NextBox/720 based on these rumors?

• I'd have to think about it.

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Microsoft all the way!

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 82 85.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't forget no backwards compatibility! Selling point right there!
Backwards compatibility at the cost of performance and convenience for coders is pretty damn stupid so let's not underline this as a huge selling point. Anyone who wants to play 360 games will just purchase the budget model, everybody else who just wants to enjoy 720 games will buy a 720, or however they'll call it.

As long as they're not dropping backwards compatibility "just because" and have a strong reason behind doing so derrived from the vast differences in the architecture, I'm perfectly fine with not having it.

Reactions: Rydian and Gahars

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backwards compatibility at the cost of performance and convenience for coders is pretty damn stupid so let's not underline this as a huge selling point. Anyone who wants to play 360 games will just purchase the budget model, everybody else who just wants to enjoy 720 games will buy a 720, or however they'll call it.

As long as they're not dropping backwards compatibility "just because" and have a strong reason behind doing so derrived from the vast differences in the architecture, I'm perfectly fine with not having it.

I think your sarcasm detector needs to be repaired.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think your sarcasm detector needs to be repaired.
He WAS responding to the sarcasm. :P Your post was "it's a selling point", when under the sarcasm it was really "there's no selling point", and he was responding to the idea that there's no selling point, saying that users might find it preferable that a system be better and have no BC, than have BC and be gimped because of it.

See: Wii being an upgraded Gamecube, and all the issues the PS3 had with BC before just dropping the hardware to go cheaper with software.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading comprehension...

The link states that the console will be priced competitively with the PS4 and that the "mini 360" can operate both as a download only standalone console or can play discs (new or USED) when networked with the next-gen console.

The next gen console does NOT require an always online Internet connection. It can, however, maintain an Internet connection while in standby and automatically apply updates for your games/dash

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TASVideos would you to show you that older games still had plenty of bugs.

I am quite aware of all the bugs in vintage video games, but considering the fact that consumers are spending close to 100 dollars a pop on video games and the budgets are rivaling that of blockbuster movie budgets, it's no surprise games are buggy these days. Unfortunately, the amount of bugs today versus in the 80's and 90's, is considerably bigger because you have A) a larger player base and larger console ownership numbers B) Access to the Internet, where a game breaking bug will instantly kill sales for a game.

Game quality has dropped because most studios are more concerned with making a dollar versus doing a good job and unfortunately the customer is going to be stuck suffering because developers don't care enough to make good games that work properly.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to remember the technology wasn't there in the 80's and 90's, developers tried to get games to be as perfect as possible for the most part, and you didn't have online multiplayer so no one else would get pissed off from exploiting glitches and such and even if someone did you can just blame the person who did it if intentional and slap them upside their head since multiplayer was usually in the same room and face-to-face. Today, the technology is there, it's just developers are lazy as shit, selling a buggy game just to get you to download DLC and patches to inconvenience the consumer and make more money.

Yeah, see, in the 80's and 90's you didn't have games like Rage, which worked in the studio and the moment AMD went and updated their drivers a few days before release, the game was broken for most players using AMD graphics cards and had colossal framerate problems with Nvidia cards at release as well.

How about Skyrim? Such a large environment should be properly tested and made sure that you aren't going to fall through the world or have enemies attacking your through walls and terrain. It's simply bug testing that no one fucking cares about doing, and if games are broken at release, well an online requirement for the system and all games as a form of DRM would quite literally murder every single game with a rusty axe that get's released on the next Xbox.

When you pay good money for a product, you expect that it will be of good quality right from the get go, if not you complain. Also constantly patching a game just to fix things that are broken can just pile on the bugs even more, even if they are less obvious bugs.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry you use a different theme. It looks legible to me though.
The majority of regular tempers use that theme, I don't but I still find it annoying to see your green posts. So please respect other users and use the the default font unless you want to come off as an attention seeker.

I wouldn't have gotten the new Xbox anyway, negative rumors or not. Sure if it somehow gets too many exclusives for me to ignore I would eventually pick one up for those titles alone, even with the always online system, but forget about seeing me buying multiplatforms for it.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I'm not going to get excited until I hear actual confirmation. Rumours is a good album but good God, rumours can make people act like really whiny shits.

Secondly, posting in green text is making my eyes feel like they're being violently assaulted by some Japanese tentacle monsters.

Reactions: retKHAAAN

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm not going to get excited until I hear actual confirmation. Rumours is a good album but good God, rumours can make people act like really whiny shits.

Secondly, posting in green text is making my eyes feel like they're being violently assaulted by some Japanese tentacle monsters.
Multiple posts lately mentioning Japanese tentacled monsters...
WWFS

What Would Freud Say?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: