[Rumor] Wii 2 SDK Image Leaked?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*UPDATE* Even more rumours are going around now with details that it may launch in October with a price point of $350 to $400 and will also include custom built AMD graphics that will outperform the PS3. It will also have the potential to produce stereoscopic 3D images! I’m not sure about these and I would take some seawater around with this one. You can read more about it here.

More Wii 2 rumours are currently swirling the net with a new image that has recently leaked that appears to feature the new Nintendo console.

The image is below, and on it you can see the new features that Nintendo is boasting. It is important to note, however, that this image is probably not meant for the general public to see (ie. we will not see this at E3) and is for developers instead. That console pictured could also be the SDK (development) unit, but considering the fact that Nintendo’s dev units in the past have not differed greatly from the retail version, what we could be seeing might be a real indication of what we might see in June.

Back to the picture in question: the title Innovation Reinvented is definitely one that I can see Nintendo using. Innovation is a word that Nintendo like to use often with their products including the Wii Remote when it was announced.

Nintendo appear to be touting cheap development costs too with unparalleled gaming performance which is very interesting from a gamers’ standpoint. As everyone knows, the Wii is nowhere near the Xbox 360 and PS3 in terms on graphics which is the very reason why many developers have ceased porting their multiplatform games to the system. This could bring them crawling back, though.

Other interesting points on the image include easy porting between PC and Xbox 360 which I assume basically means that it will be using the same CPU/GPU architecture as PC’s and 360?s, not the CELL and other complicated things that Sony used in the PS3. Developers will be very happy to hear that. Also they have noted anytime live update which is something that the Wii is sorely missing and some Live Framework that I am unsure of what it is but it shouldn’t concern us consumers.

As for the console itself, we can see 3 lights on the unit and what I presume is an eject button just left of these. There is also a Nintendo logo on the side of the console. It appears to be using the same “suck-in” DVD drive that the Wii used too.

And that’s about everything that we get from this simple image. It’s certainly interesting, but if it’s real or not is another question. The console pictured could be absolutely anything from an external HDD to a freeview box with a built in DVD player, so it should be taken with a few grains of salt. No mention of this new revolutionary controller either, so we’ll just have to eagerly await the Nintendo conference at E3 this June.

Here’s the image:[/p]
wii2-leak.jpg

Source

It's certainly interesting but there are so many conflicting sources. Some say it won't launch in October and be very expensive, others say it will be. I just don't know what to believe anymore. If I'm honest, I'm not completely sure if their next console will be a PS3 beater. But we'll see.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Ahh, the days of speculation of Nintendo. Where fans pretend to scrutinize every detail until they actually get a press release. This really brings me back.
If the X360/PC porting ease is true, I do hope to see a few PC titles move onto the Café. And, in my own wishful thinking, I wish to see the release of yet ANOTHER (proper) sequel to Tales of Symphonia. Over ALL consoles.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy portability from XBox 360? So it's going to have last-generation graphics...? And why is every console black and shiny now? I miss my matte, fingerprintless electronics :<
EDIT: Let it be known that I have predicted that this is going to be extremely expensive and quickly filled with absolutely shit games.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RupeeClock said:
That looks like an advert for a PC World UK router, not a Nintendo console.
I'll just ignore all these rumours until E3 starts, just a waste of time. I'll kill the waiting time by drooling on things actually happening, like Skyrim.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
Can't wait for Nintendo's Investor Conference(4/26/2011) to clear all this shit the rumors created
My prediction of this investor conference.

*One of Nintendo's bigwigs will walk onto the stage*

Ninty Bigwig: "Blah blah sales blah blah install base blah blah"

*investors sit looking angsty*

Ninty Bigwig: "There is a Wii successor to be released...you'll find out more about it at E3"

*Ninty bigwig walks off stage*

*Investors sit knowing they should have suspected this*

End

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i mean u cant actually tell if a picture is true or not
if its good quality then one would say its created or photoshopped BUT if its bad quality then they said why does it have to be bad? did they take a photo of it? skepticism in all situations.

but the point about the 3d seems interesting... i wish they provide some glasses (red cyan will do) so that ANYONE can view 3d and doesnt require "special TVs"

its funny actually, every interesting and new tech that exists is on this console from touchscreen, camera, gyro, accel, to 3d..... now we can say, "it only does everything"

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
awssk8er said:
The picture just looks fake.

Not the system itself, just the writing. It doesn't "Sound" like Nintendo.
This is Nintendo catering to devs, not consumers, so the wording will be different.
That would explain it then.

I was wondering what the hell happened to Big N's interesting wording.

The leaked SDK looks interesting though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y