granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales_of_Graces_by_AskatheTempest.jpg
Possibly a good bit of news for English speaking gamers. This remains a rumor until we have an official word, but Associated Content, along with several other sources are reporting that Namco's Wii game Tales of Graces will finally be receiving a localization. Namco's history of releasing their Tales games in English has proven to be rather unpredictable and hit or miss, especially when you look at the series on the DS. It was considered unlikely that they would bring Graces to the US. While this may just end up being an unfounded rumor, any possibly news is good.

Along with the rumor comes some other information about the localization. It is being said that the US version will include the extras implemented in the PS3 port of the game, Tales of Graces F. It is also rumored that the American release will fix some serious bugs that were present in the Japanese version and have new online content. What this content may be is unknown at this time however.

Remember that this is all speculation until confirmed though. The rumor also states that the game will release in the US early this year. If there is any truth to this rumor, we may see an announcement soon. Perhaps at the Nintendo conference happening this month. Until then, take this with a grain of salt. It should be noted that there is a fan translation also in the works, so if this proves to be fake, there is still hope for an English version of the game sometime in the future. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source 1
icon11.gif
Source 2

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, a mistake which i just noticed and corrected. It would appear i have dyslexic tendencies (probably inherited it from my mother). I'm prone to making mistakes like that. Anyways, it's fixed, stay on topic from now on.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't played a Tales game in awhile that I enjoyed as much as Tales of Symphonia. Maybe if this comes over, I'll have to play it a bit on one of my friend's Wii's.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loved Tales of Symphonia on the GC and have yet to play the new one on Wii but im sure its gonan be good.This would be great if it gets a US release

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not getting my hopes up seeing as it has yet to be confirmed, but on the chance that this does come out early then it better include the extras and fixes from the PS3 port. Otherwise, they should bring over the PS3 port instead.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Is this really more important than the 3DS getting leaked or the PS3/PSP Private Keys?
What the heck are you talking about? Who said it was more important? And what on earth does the PS3/PSP/3DS news have to do with this topic? This is a news post about a possible game localization. There is no halt on the posting of news just because a new development was made in another topic. That would be ridiculous. This news post will not alter the existence of the other topic either.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
I loved Tales of Symphonia on the GC and have yet to play the new one on Wii but im sure its gonan be good.This would be great if it gets a US release

The Wii game isn't nearly as good. Sad to say, you will be disappointed.

QUOTE(Urza @ Jan 3 2011, 09:56 PM) This just doesn't seem like something relevant enough to the community as a whole to front-page.

It seems as relevant as anything else that gets posted. Are you saying we should stop caring about the possibility of game releases because it doesn't feel as important as other news?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza, sounds like you've missed out of a lot on the posting of gaming news. Costello told me when i was made magazine staff that he wanted to see more general gaming news front paged. I'm attempting to fulfill that wish and he has told me that i am doing well in following that wish. I will however remove this topic if he believes it doesn't belong. As it is, posts like this have been going on for quite a while now. I don't see why it's being complained about NOW as opposed to any other time. I've never received a complaint from any fellow staffers (or heck, even regular members) before.

You'll see similar news posts from fellow staffers luke_c, Gaydrian, and Chanser. Also from Opium and Another World. It's nothing new to front page general gaming news, go check the gaming news section for that. It's full of similar posts. That's what the gaming news section is for. Why you'd want to complain about it now of all times i can't imagine...
blink.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Urza, sounds like you've missed out of a lot on the posting of gaming news. Costello told me when i was made magazine staff that he wanted to see more general gaming news front paged. I'm attempting to fulfill that wish. I will however remove this topic if he believes it doesn't belong. As it is, posts like this have been going on for quite a while now. I don't see why it's being complained about NOW as opposed to any other time.

You'll see similar news posts from fellow staffers luke_c and Chanser. Also from Opium and Another World. It's nothing new to front page general gaming news, go check the gaming news section for that.
QUOTEIt seems as relevant as anything else that gets posted. Are you saying we should stop caring about the possibility of game releases because it doesn't feel as important as other news?
I look at the front-page, and this is what I see:

1. Significant 3DS leak.
2. Huge development in PS3/PSP hacking front.
3-8. Homebrew releases.
9. Flashcart loader release.
10. Happy New Year's message to the community.
11. GBAtemp review announcement.
12. Flashcart loader release.
13. Announcement of 3DS functionality.
14-18. Homebrew announcements.

Oh yeah, and 0. A rumour about one game maybe being localized to another country.

Obviously as I am not staff, you are free to ignore and dismiss my opinion, but polluting the front-page with "generalized" gaming news takes away from site's core: promoting the console hacking community. Going down this road just turns the front-page into a (much) worse Joystiq or Destructoid.

Walrus-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that Yahoo guy in source one is bullshit. I'm also pretty sure the only evidence is it being in game informers release list. It also makes no sense for them to release the Wii version instead of the superior PS3 port

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well although it would be a blow if this is false (which i'm certainly not saying it isn't, it's definitely possible it's bollocks), it's not surprising considering the history of the series overseas. At least we'll still have the fan translation. I figure we'll know something by the end of the month if they're planning a release.
smile.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Totally forgot about this fan translation
ohmy.gif
Anyway, I hope that this rumor will become reality, I really like Tales of games. Is this one good ? I didn't want to try it since I cannot understand japanese.

heratio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt this would be true and if somehow it did happen, it will be because Nintendo agreed to publish it, thus the reason why the Wii version would come instead of the PS3 one.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may also be because Wii games are easier to handle in terms of coding. Probably cheaper to mass produce due to being on DVD's instead of blurays. AND it may be due to Nintendo systems being in more hands, so they think that may in turn mean higher sales than a PS3 version. Though i'm just talking out my ass at this point, so whatever. Could be anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: