RUMOR: Steam Database hacked

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...So much for the PC Master Race. They're not immune to hacking like they seem to think they are.

Hi! I couldn't help but notice the amount of alerts you got from this topic. Let me help with that!

On topic: I hope Valve gets back to us, so we can start doing some password changes.

Reactions: Celice

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably just some skiddies doing their thing, but even if "user information" was stolen, there is steam guard. Must enter a code sent to my e-mail when logging in from a new location/browser.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Of all the legitimate and asinine arguments people make for PCs, you managed to pull this out of thin air. That's... sort of impressive, actually.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or if you're genuinely impressed I made an argument that's (legitimate/asinine) (Pick one).

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I assumed that Steam was going down and up because the Steam Holiday cards were going to disappear within the next 6 hours.
The steam community website was crashing constantly from people trading their cards so they can complete their badges. For example as soon as the servers worked, if you tried to buy a card the website will say someone else bought it since people were refreshing the website and buying cards like crazy.

But that's what I assumed, its possible for a ddos in the background as well.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...So much for the PC Master Race. They're not immune to hacking like they seem to think they are.
Yeah, that'll show us. Now we just have mod support, steam sales, multitasking, ENB, better online communities, superior mouse and keyboard controls, emulation, and the best indie support around to brag about.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I assumed that Steam was going down and up because the Steam Holiday cards were going to disappear within the next 6 hours.
The steam community website was crashing constantly from people trading their cards so they can complete their badges. For example as soon as the servers worked, if you tried to buy a card the website will say someone else bought it since people were refreshing the website and buying cards like crazy.

But that's what I assumed, its possible for a ddos in the background as well.
And that's why I made sure to sell all my holiday cards in advance.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a ton of issues while I was playing DayZ Standalone, I would only be let onto a server for about a minute until I disconnected, and the only servers I was able to access were a handful that were in my server history tab. Steam looked down as well, as I was unable to connect to the store.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed a ton of issues while I was playing DayZ Standalone, I would only be let onto a server for about a minute until I disconnected, and the only servers I was able to access were a handful that were in my server history tab. Steam looked down as well, as I was unable to connect to the store.

Are you sure it just wasn't DayZ?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it just wasn't DayZ?

I don't think it was, however, I wasn't able to test other games as I only have DayZ installed. Like I said though, I also was unable to connect to the store via the steam application, and the steampowered homepage seemed for be down as well, although it was working again for a little while as I kept refreshing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my internet since every other site was accessed just fine.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like or use steam so therefore I am pleased to hear that it got hacked and millions of peoples accounts and credit cards are in jeopardy, yay for the hackers! :mthr:
You don't like something so you're happy that people who use it are potentially going to get fucked over by people committing identity theft? That's just cold and inhumane. I hope you feel like the proper asshole that you are.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't like something so you're happy that people who use it are potentially going to get fucked over by people committing identity theft? That's just cold and inhumane. I hope you feel like the proper asshole that you are.

Steam wasn't hacked, it was just DDOS'd.

D

Deleted-236924

I thought he was being sarcastic.
Mocking by imitation, if you will. Have you read that thread?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman and NEP

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

I'm not an asshole I just have the GBAtemp attitude, ok?

I don't like/use/know about a certain service/company/game and now it has been hacked/shut down/is in some sort of difficulty. Instead of being indifferent about the fact I am going to be happy about it and even celebrate the fact because I am a stupid little GBAtemp 12 year old. Ok?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When p1ng posts something, think about it for a bit before deciding to take it at face value.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY