[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but a rumor really shouldn't be placed on the front page.

Honestly I am just going to wait and see how this all plays out because at this point the system can go in any direction in the near future.

I totally agree, I hope it's a success. The end.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, developers don't want to make games for a system that allegedly has no games, which means the system will continue to have no games. That hardly makes sense to me.

It seems either the developer is too modest or is not too confident in their ability to make games, and that's not how you make it in life.
It's up to Nintendo to drum up interest for their console and get developers interested in it.

Reactions: gamefan5 and rizzod

MrDowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of an immense casual appeal paired with a successful marketing campaign.

The Wii U is simply not the Wii so why people expecting the Wii to be a valid historical comparison when in fact the two consoles are rather different (both in terms of design, audience, and a slew of other things) is beyond me.

Everyone knows the casuals is what sold the Wii, thus proving third party did not sell the Wii, only marketing as you said.

And I don't see how the Wii U is more designed to be like N64/GC than Wii in terms of design, unless you mean as a power console.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone knows the casuals is what sold the Wii, thus proving third party did not sell the Wii, only marketing as you said.

And I don't see how the Wii U is more designed to be like N64/GC than Wii in terms of design, unless you mean as a power console.

Okay so here's a question then.. if the Wii did not have the casual appeal, No Wii Sport, only was able to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Galaxy... and the Zelda's and so on (first party)... with only limited motion controlling (I say that mainly because that's what appealed the casuals, not having to press buttons but wave a stick) and no shovelware/3rd party support ... Do you honestly think it would have sold as well as it did?

MrDowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so here's a question then.. if the Wii did not have the casual appeal, No Wii Sport, only was able to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Galaxy... and the Zelda's and so on (first party)... with only limited motion controlling (I say that mainly because that's what appealed the casuals, not having to press buttons but wave a stick) and no shovelware/3rd party support ... Do you honestly think it would have sold as well as it did?

No, it would have been two Gamecubes taped together.

I mean look at the SNES, that was THE console to go to for third party games and first.
These last four consoles have been mostly for first party games.

Speaking of which, why is Nintendo so hostile with third parties?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

because there were no third party casual games guys

MrDowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because there were no third party casual games guys
wii did good because casuals bought the wii just for casual third party games and not for the motion controls everyone hyped about guise

So then, Why do people immediately assume that with the release of all these first party games, that the Wii U will somehow be an immediate success?
Because of fanboys.
They blindly love Nintendo so much that they think they can do no wrong and save themselves with only first parties.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Love this denial horse shit. Rather than slate a console that's been available for a very small amount of time, come back after 2 years and and slate it then when there are no games. It would be 100% justified if that was the case. Until then, slow down that bandwagon you've hopped onto and be patient.

Reactions: Bobbybangin

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Love this denial horse shit. Rather than slate a console that's been available for a very small amount of time, come back after 2 years and and slate it then when there are no games. It would be 100% justified if that was the case. Until then, slow down that bandwagon you've hopped onto and be patient.

I hardly call 6 Months (Half a year) a small amount of time.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering a console generally lasts around 6 years before the next gen are announced, yeah. I'd say it's a very small amount of time.

Well, you sir are living life in fast forward. But I'm not willing to give up on it... just yet... E3 is just around the corner, let's hope all these rumors of awesome first party content is coming. It will help Nintendo a little, but I totally and honestly doubt it will ever touch the Wii. I think Nintendo fans are having a hard time dealing with that.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the funniest thing.
People continually say, NINTENDO DOESN'T EVEN NEED THIRD PARTIES, THEY CAN SURVIVE OFF FORST PARTY ALONE.
Those people don't seem to realize that at this very moment, if the wii u only had its first party games available...
IT WOULD HAVE
TWO
GAMES.
New Super Mario Bros U
And Nintendo Land.
Would any wii u owner seriously be satisfied at this moment with only those two games to play?
Hell, most people that I know that have a wii U, AREN'T EVEN PLAYING THOSE GAMES!
They're playing Monster Hunter or Black Ops or other games which, last I checked, Are THIRD PARTY.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you sir are living life in fast forward. But i'm not willing to give up on it... just yet... E3 is just around the corner, let's hope all these rumors of awesome first party content is coming. It will help Nintendo a little, but I totally and honestly doubt it will ever touch the Wii. I think Nintendo fans are having a hard time dealing with that.

Why does it need to touch the Wii? And haven't Nintendo stated that they aren't bothering with E3 this year?

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been a life long Nintendo fan (Got an NES in 1986 and every system since) and I'm a little disappointed with the Wii U at the moment, but the Wind Waker remake and the promise of a new Zelda game have me excited. Not to mention I'll be able to convert my iOS game to be playable on the Wii U, that is truly awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?